android
  #1  
Old 03-01-2009, 05:59 PM
fazzieng fazzieng is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3
Default Sansa Fuze - Loose Headphones Socket

Is there any way to replace loose sansa fuze headphones socket? Or eventually how to check if my player is still under warranty (i bought mine from ebay). Sandisk obviously using crappy parts to build their players. It`s one part (3,5mm headphones socket) which needs to be solid but it is not. Now instead of hearing great sound while walking i hear cracks and pops because of loose headphones jack. Great job Sandisk, you`ve maid fantastic piece of useless plastic. (When my Sansa`s cheaply finished plastic body wasn`t squeaky and cheap jack socket wasn`t loose it was great but now, after while, well guess..)
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #2  
Old 03-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Marvin the Martian's Avatar
Marvin the Martian Marvin the Martian is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: east central NY state
Posts: 10,602
Default

How long have you had it? I've had mine since early September, used it almost every day, and mine is fine. Are you sure it was new when you got it on ebay?
__________________
iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB. Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900 and Lumia 520
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 03-01-2009, 06:36 PM
fazzieng fazzieng is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3
Default

Not sure mate as bought it last year as bargain (without warranty)..
Wait longer than 6 months and you`ll see what i mean.
Worst is.. I am thinking to get back to iPod..
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 03-02-2009, 12:49 PM
crowfax's Avatar
crowfax crowfax is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Davis, CA
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazzieng View Post
Worst is.. I am thinking to get back to iPod..
You say it like it's a threat? Buy what you want, it's your money.
__________________
Headphones: Sony MDR7506, Koss KSC75, Brainwavz M3, Sennheiser HD202, Sennheiser CX300
Portable Sources: Cowon J3, Samsung Galaxy S2, Sansa Clip Zip, Teclast T51, iPod 5.5
Home Sources: Squeezebox Duet
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 03-03-2009, 11:44 AM
fazzieng fazzieng is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3
Default

I am not iPod fanatic, but i had one and it was very solid, unlike Fuze.
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 03-03-2009, 11:49 AM
Marvin the Martian's Avatar
Marvin the Martian Marvin the Martian is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: east central NY state
Posts: 10,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazzieng View Post
I am not iPod fanatic, but i had one and it was very solid, unlike Fuze.
it shoulda been for what they charge for them
__________________
iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB. Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900 and Lumia 520
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 03-11-2009, 03:39 PM
unicorn's Avatar
unicorn unicorn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Almost Canada
Posts: 215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazzieng View Post
Not sure mate as bought it last year as bargain (without warranty)..
Wait longer than 6 months and you`ll see what i mean.
Worst is.. I am thinking to get back to iPod..
I HAVE had mine well over 6 months and use it the majority of the day everyday... never had an issue with phone jack or "sqeaky case". I think you got an abused player off of ebay or you are WAY to picky!

Go ahead and buy an iPod it's not our loss.
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 03-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Chili's Avatar
Chili Chili is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazzieng View Post
Or eventually how to check if my player is still under warranty (i bought mine from ebay).
1. It needs to be bought from an authorized reseller to be under warranty.
2. You need original packaging or proof of purchase.
3. It really helps to register it on Sansa's website.
4. Why on earth did you buy electronics from eBay???

A broken/loose headphone jack is not a common problem with the Fuze, though I supposed it could happen. You have nothing to lose by contacting Sandisk Sansa, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for a replacement if the eBay seller wasn't an authorized Sansa store.

And for future refernce, basic courtesy goes a long way towards soliciting some real help in an online forum. A disappointed rant about how crappy you think the Fuze is, is probably going to be ignored buy most regulars in a forum dedicated to that player. Just something to keep in mind.
__________________
Magnatune: We are not evil
Ka dos kampi'un nindol, dos ssrig'luin natha dro.

Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 03-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Marvin the Martian's Avatar
Marvin the Martian Marvin the Martian is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: east central NY state
Posts: 10,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili View Post

And for future refernce, basic courtesy goes a long way towards soliciting some real help in an online forum. A disappointed rant about how crappy you think the Fuze is, is probably going to be ignored buy most regulars in a forum dedicated to that player. Just something to keep in mind.
Words of wisdom, these^^
__________________
iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB. Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900 and Lumia 520
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 03-15-2009, 06:58 PM
Short_Fuze's Avatar
Short_Fuze Short_Fuze is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 102
Default

sort of on topic question here....

might be kind of silly but i've been keeping my headphones plugged into my Fuze 24/7. is this ok? i suppose it is, but might it even be better then removing them all the time? given that yes, sometimes (in my experience with old cassette wakmans, etc) the headphone jack can become...i guess loose or damaged over time?

i also ask because i've used my headphones for gaming recently and like how they sound. so i'm thinking i might continue to plug / unplug them for awhile. although i will most likely invest in a new set in the next couple of weeks for my Fuze exclusively, would it still be best to leave them plugged into the device 24/7, or does it even matter?

thanks
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 03-15-2009, 09:52 PM
Sansasensei Sansasensei is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 14
Default

Over time, mechanical connections such as plastic headphone jacks can wear out. Leaving the plug in will, theoretically, keep the wear to a minimum.... but since these parts are built for thousands of plug-in cycles, you probably won't notice the difference. The real key with lightweight parts like the Fuze jack is don't be rough with it. Line it up properly so you aren't stretching the collar accidentally as you insert the plug, and don't push too hard. A side note to the original poster: sounds to me like the ebay seller probably abused the unit before selling. Sorry you got stuck with someone's poor treatment.
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 03-15-2009, 10:39 PM
saratoga saratoga is offline
Rockbox Developer / Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansasensei View Post
Over time, mechanical connections such as plastic headphone jacks can wear out.
Its not the plastic that wears out, but the solder connections to the fuze motherboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansasensei View Post
Leaving the plug in will, theoretically, keep the wear to a minimum.... but since these parts are built for thousands of plug-in cycles, you probably won't notice the difference.
While plugging in headphones can be stressful, whats a bigger problem is just the day to day torque on the solder points as the fuze moves around in your pockets. If you've got a unit with bad soldering, its going to fail eventually.

Unfortunately the fuze makes this even worse, since the unit is exceptionally difficult to take apart and resolder if it does fail.
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 03-16-2009, 02:03 AM
Chili's Avatar
Chili Chili is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
While plugging in headphones can be stressful, whats a bigger problem is just the day to day torque on the solder points as the fuze moves around in your pockets. If you've got a unit with bad soldering, its going to fail eventually.
So you're saying that my paranoid unplugging of any headphones anywhere before I put my gadgets away in pockets and purses is a good thing?
__________________
Magnatune: We are not evil
Ka dos kampi'un nindol, dos ssrig'luin natha dro.

Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 03-16-2009, 05:16 PM
saratoga saratoga is offline
Rockbox Developer / Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili View Post
So you're saying that my paranoid unplugging of any headphones anywhere before I put my gadgets away in pockets and purses is a good thing?
Thats actually the opposite of what I said, so no.
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 03-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Chili's Avatar
Chili Chili is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
Thats actually the opposite of what I said, so no.
It just seems mean to the poor thing to leave something plugged in that can get snagged and yank at the player that way... but I see your point. I'll just have to get used to leaving it plugged in.
__________________
Magnatune: We are not evil
Ka dos kampi'un nindol, dos ssrig'luin natha dro.

Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old 03-16-2009, 06:21 PM
saratoga saratoga is offline
Rockbox Developer / Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili View Post
It just seems mean to the poor thing to leave something plugged in that can get snagged and yank at the player that way... but I see your point. I'll just have to get used to leaving it plugged in.
Really I don't think it makes much difference. If you've got a defect its going to fail. If you don't, its probably not. Better to just let it fail and get a replacement from Sandisk I think.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 PM.