android
Old 03-07-2009, 11:27 PM

Default Insignia pilot not reading by artist - song.

I recently reinstalled windows Xp, and something about the pilot it's not right. When I add music into my pilot in the music folder, it doesn't show "artist - song". For example.. All my music, I create a new folder for it, and I rename the folder by the artist name. When I add music into the artist name, it won't read as for ex: Simple Plan - Untitled. It won't read it as that when I view my pilot. It only read it in the folder option. It's hard to explain. The reason why it's bugging me is because all my songs are in alphabettical order, but all the new songs that I add in my pilot is just reading it by the song name which is messing up my player. Any help would be aprreciated.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-07-2009, 11:50 PM

In the music library. When hitting the track tab. How can I get the pilot to read my music as artist - song? I just added new music onto my pilot, and it just reading it as the song. Why?

Old 03-08-2009, 09:05 PM

Try going to "Settings", then "System", then "Erase Internal Memory". This reformats the player, and usually works out kinks like the one you mentioned.

Do it, and then put all the songs on your player again. It's a bit of a hassle, but it ended most of the bugs on my player.

Good luck.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:30 AM

Hahahhaa.. If I reformat my hardrive; It will erase all the hard work I put in this music player. My mp3 is the most organize mp3 player you'll ever see. I have all the songs that are in separate folders. For EX: Simple Plan, Onerepublic, Tupac, Eminem ETC.. They have their own folder that I create, and all of the songs goes in the artist folder. It organzie it from A to Z in the track tab. I don't even use the album or artist tab because it's already organize, and I can just play all the songs in the artist folder by just going to folder option. I just need to find a way to get my mp3 player to read the new songs by "Artist - Song." EX: Simple Plan - Untitled.
If I erased my hardrive, it will eventually erase movies, videos, songs, picture.. And it will take hours and hours to get it back in the player. I say no way!! Any other option? Thanks for your input..

Old 03-09-2009, 11:42 PM

Thanks for your help guy.. I found a solution. I just need to update windows media player. Haha.