android
Old 03-06-2009, 07:47 PM

Default Farewelll ZEN

Well i just sold mine, V Plus 8gb, after less than one year. I should say i have an excellent image of these little gadget!
Never gave any worries, just add the song and listen, but there were i few grippes which eventualy made me move on to my new Cowon D2 such as: microscopic display, unconfortable joystic; low refresh Oled screen.
The last one sometimes just make fatigue to my eyes...

The interface was very pratical, altough the batery could be a little better, i think they improoved on the Mozaic.
Even so, the player was awesome, excelent gym companion, above average sound quality, and easy to use was the things i must praised of this wonder.
I sold mine today to a friend fo mine who ditched his Ipod nano to buy this baby
Creative is good, altough i get the feeling their are beeing left behind the competion, where the new touchscreen media players are starting to make a position in the market...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-09-2009, 10:54 AM

I agree with you 100% on the "gym companion" comment. That's the whole reason I bought this and have stayed with it. It is a conveniently small size to put in my pocket or hang on my neck without feeling bulky or heavy.

I think MP3 players are going to evolve in two different directions in the future. Larger multi-use gadgets and smaller in-your-pocket devices for the gym.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:08 AM

I agree, but mine's moved beyond the Gym. It goes in the Car for my commute 1hr EW 3 times a week. Also I now have the TravelSound for the V+ so when traveling I have Music before sleeping. Which shuts off automatically after a pre-determined time and then Turns on Again at the requested Alarm Time.
Those CD's which were gathering Dust on a Shelf are all ripped and travel with-me, and get introduced to all my old stuff time and time again. 2 years and counting with no real issues

Old 03-13-2009, 10:07 AM

Indeed and in spiite of everything this was probably the most succesfull model of creative.
Creative really needs a litle push, i get the feeling they are getting behind face to the competion....Or is it just my impression?

Old 03-13-2009, 11:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3k1985 View Post
Indeed and in spiite of everything this was probably the most succesfull model of creative.
I'm not so sure I would say that. I believe their Zen Vision line; particularly the Zen Vision M would most successful model.

Quote:
Creative really needs a litle push, i get the feeling they are getting behind face to the competion....Or is it just my impression?
I hope you aren't just now getting that feeling. It has been this way for Creative for a couple of years (if not more) now. See this thread.

Zen FAQ

Old 03-21-2009, 07:43 AM

Quote:
unconfortable joystic
I found that its easier for right handed people to use the joystick and buttons if you rotated the display 180 degrees and hold it upside down in your hand. Sounds strange, but I found it much more comfortable.