android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen V

Old 03-07-2009, 08:30 AM

Default Zen v plus will not turn on. Blue lights on buttons but nothing happens

IT went bad some days ago. I tried charging it overnight by computer, but it didn't work. When I try and switch it on, the blue lights flicker but it doesn't switch on. When connected to the computer via USB cable, blue lights stay constantly on (but the player is not detected and the computer says do you want to install some sort of driver ( which doesn't seem to do anything). Before it went bad, the battery was quite low, but before this happened the mp3 player was working fine (the battery lasted a long time). I've tried hitting reset and nothing. My usb cable might be slightly loose, but I've used it before and it worked.
Can someone please help or suggest what is wrong. Is it a common problem? Thank you for your time.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-13-2009, 03:15 AM

Having the same exact issue. Stayed charging overnight and won't turn on. Both buttons flash blue. I have tried resetting the hole. I have also hooked it to computer and it will not pick it up. A screen comes on but it stays on the loading screen. I have tried holding play while powering it up but nothing happens besides the flashing buttons.

Old 03-15-2009, 02:19 AM

As a bit more information and an update, still having the same issue.

1. The MP3 player appears to be charging when plugged in. The lights behind the play and pause buttons flash blue on and off, and the menu comes on and stays with the Creative symbol. Before it crashed the menu came on in the car, while NOT being charged, and froze there before shutting off.

2. The Computer does not read the MP3 player being plugged in. My boyfriend is the one using the player currently and after it not working on his computer, I have now have it stuck in mine and it's the same issue. Both computers use Vista and both USB ports work fine.

Both computers have previously been used to charge and transfer music to the player.

The player did not have any firmware updates. It also did not have any new files transferred to it before it stopped working.

I am not trying to hijack the original OP's thread, but it seems we have the same problem pretty much, or at least the same exact symptoms.

Any ideas?

Old 03-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It sounds as though you have a battery related issue. Either the battery has reached its end-of-life or the low voltage cut-off circuit has engaged and will not allow for a charge. You can try leaving connected to charge for a couple of days. If the Zen does revive itself by allow for a charge then, I would consider looking into a new battery

Zen FAQ

Old 03-18-2009, 09:13 PM

Thanks, Bobby, I will try this, and hopefully it helps out the OP as well if his problem has not been resolved.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:26 AM
Ultra Senior Member

No problem. Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Old 04-17-2009, 06:30 AM

My player does that same thing as the original's. When I try powering it on the blue light comes on, but the player itself doesn't boot up or otherwise give any reaction. I've hit the reset button, I've tried connecting to the computer (not recognized).

The only thing I can thing of is to hold its power switch "on" for so long that eventually it runs out of batteries, because I assume some energy is being used to keep that blue light on. Maybe once the battery dies my player will get a grip. Too bad the battery was full right before this happened.

Can anybody help?

Old 04-18-2009, 01:31 AM

I have a similar problem-my Zen V charge and the lights will come on-but won't boot up (but my PC recognizes it).

Old 05-19-2009, 06:39 AM

I have the same problem. It froze when after saying rebuilding library yesterday, then stopped working completely apart from the blue light when its plugged in or the power button is held. There is still a noise when I plug headphones in, but no music is played. I've had it plugged into the computer for a while, and it first said STMP3600 device found, and it isnt recognised by Zen Media Explorer. So I downloaded the driver for STMP3600 and now nothing comes up when I plug it in. I've tried taking it apart and short circuiting it, resetting it and all that, but nothing works.

Any help would be much appreciated.