android
Old 06-07-2006, 10:45 AM

Default Another video question

Yet another new Zen owner here...didnt fall for the Ipod scam.

I do have few questions though. My first shot at a movie was last night and i successfully ripped the main vob files using decryptor, then used iriverter, etc.
I still end up with 7 separate files at the end and i dont know that there is a continuous playback function to play through them all. So how do i get just 1 file?

Thanks alot in advance!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-07-2006, 04:40 PM

don't know about iriverter but try auto gk. after ripping, open up auto gk and select the IFO from the dvd file. anyway, follow the direcitons in the anything but iPod tutorial they put up.

Old 06-08-2006, 12:30 AM

next question is how long is agk supposed to take?

using dvd decoder, my video ended up all out of order, in french, directors commentary, all crazy.

i dunno...this is confusing. i'm such a n00b

Old 06-08-2006, 08:00 AM

It's not free, but take a look at CloneDVD Mobile from SlySoft. It's very, very easy to use and has a built-in profile for the Zen Vision. In my opinion, it is worth the $40 for the ability to put DVDs on my player. For CSS encrypted movies, SlySoft also has an elegant solution called AnyDVD that works completely transparently in the background. I have also tried VideoVault, and while this program is an amazing piece of software, it's overkill for just ripping movies to a portable.

Old 06-08-2006, 08:23 AM
ABI Founder

You dont have to rip the DVD before you use iriverter. iriverter will rip it directly from DVD. It also has profiles for ZVM.

Old 06-08-2006, 12:16 PM

so agk works for me now...i figured it out.

so once i get it all converted with agk, my zen doesnt recognize the avi. Is this because of the AC3 audio? I thought agk was supposed to convert it to mp3 or somethin. I just dont want to lose out on my 640 quality

Old 06-08-2006, 01:03 PM

Just follow these steps:
http://geocities.com/dvd2xvid/?20066

Old 06-09-2006, 10:03 AM

so..this sucks.

I tried to do another video, following exactly the same steps as posted, but i keep getting an unknown error. The files convert like they're supposed to, but i cant drag and drop onto my player because i get an error message saying they're not recognized. I then wasted another night using the zen software to get it onto the player, but that didnt work either

lame

Old 06-10-2006, 01:45 AM

I am new to this forum, but I have been lurking for a week or so.

The product I have used to convert my DVD's is called #1 DVD Ripper (do a google search, you will find it). It is not free, but IMHO it is much simpler in operation to convert movies than the instructions linked above. It did the convert, and I used the ZEN software to drop it onto the ZVM. It worked the very first time I tried it. The only downside is that it can take from 3-4 hours to do the conversion, but after reading some of the posts here, I guess that is not unreasonable. The file size ends up at 800-900 MB.

I now have 10 movies, 50 CD's and 250+ photos stored on my ZVM, and I could not be more pleased.

I also ordered some accessories from Creative - the A/V cables are still on backorder, and they will not give a delivery date. So I converted one from a camcorder cable I bought at Radio Shack from the instructions I found on this site. It works perfectly.... Thanks to the moderator - this site has helped me quite a bit in figuring out the ZVM!

So TenaciousT, before you give up completely, you might want to try some other conversion software.

Hope this helps.

Old 06-27-2006, 07:51 PM

Default Iriverter is the best

I downloaded the Iriverter software the other day. After going into the options and selecting Zen Vision M for the format, it converted my dvd with one click of the button. It worked great. It takes just about as long to convert as it would to watch but like people say, if you do it over night than it is no big deal. Can't say enough about how easy it was, especially for a computer challenged person like myself.