android
Old 03-09-2009, 09:27 PM

Help Playlist Editor issues.

Ok, so I just got my Fuze (finally) and was reading that Winamp is actually a good Playlist Editor for it. My issue is, anytime my Fuze is connected to my PC, Winamp automatically closes 2 seconds after I open it. Has anyone ever had this issue?

Also, is Winamp good for transferring music to the player as well or is there something better?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-10-2009, 10:58 AM

This sounds like a conflict between WMP11 and Winamp when the Fuze is in MTP mode. Changing to MSC mode will resolve the problem (assuming you don't need support for subscription/DRM services). It's a known issue with Winamp.

And yes, Winamp is good for syncing & managing content on the player (it's what I use). Media Monkey is also very good.

If you switch to MSC mode you should first format the Fuze from the Settings menu, switch to MSC and reload all your songs.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:55 PM

That solved that problem, thanks. What is the proper way to make Playlists with it though? Do you just drag and drop files from the player to Winamp, sort them in whatever order you want then transfer them back?

Last edited by Zayne; 03-11-2009 at 10:04 PM.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:09 AM

I'm sure you will get some answers soon about using Winamp for playlists...

All I want to say is that Playlist Creator is a LOT easier to use (assuming you want to make .m3u playlists in MSC transfer mode - the BEST way of using the Fuze).

Old 03-13-2009, 09:44 PM

Thanks for the Info =). Still looking for info regarding using Winamp for making playlists for the player (the proper way).

Also, does anyone know a good IDv3 Tag Editor for a large number of mp3s ?(excluding Winamp, it's good for small amounts of music though, but get tedious after a short period).

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Old 03-13-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayne View Post
Also, does anyone know a good IDv3 Tag Editor for a large number of mp3s ?(excluding Winamp, it's good for small amounts of music though, but get tedious after a short period).
Thanks in advance.
Cheers!
MP3Tag works well for me, and I've heard a lot of other folks mention it favorably. Free.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayne View Post
That solved that problem, thanks. What is the proper way to make Playlists with it though? Do you just drag and drop files from the player to Winamp, sort them in whatever order you want then transfer them back?
NO... you just drag and drop files from the player to Winamp, sort them in whatever order you want, and then save the playlist to the Fuze.

There's a couple of threads on this already.

Steve