android
Old 03-11-2009, 06:45 PM

Default Speaker in my Sansa?

After seeing a model of the Zen and an Ipod Touch with a speaker that others can hear when you play your music, I had an idea for modding my Sansa e260: disassemble it and add in my own speaker that will play when speakers are not plugged in. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or advice on this before I delve into a risky project.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-12-2009, 08:04 PM

Well, that would be fun to do, but I would only do it if you were doing it for the sake of doing it. Otherwise why not just by a set of speakers that can play sound loud enough for other people to hear, and (if you really want portability), draws it's power from the audio out jack? That would probably be a more practical solution.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:18 PM

I was actually thinking of doing it for the sake of doing it. My Sansa is a few years old now so I thought I might try a project like this. I'll let you know how it goes but it looks like I might not get around to it until summer (academics first!).

Old 03-14-2009, 11:10 PM

Great, have fun. I would like to see it, so please take pictures along the way.

Old 03-17-2009, 04:24 PM

i have taken my sansa e250 apart many times to fix/mod various components. I had to replace headphone jack, mod scroll wheel and backplate, and everytime i took it apart, i was reassured that there is not enough room inside for a speaker. i thought various times i could fit an earbud speaker in there, but no, you can't. The only way you could do it is by someway modding the select button into a speaker and wire it to the headphone jack. Other than that... I don't know where you would put it.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:21 PM

I'm sure there is room in there for a speaker... But it would have to be such a small speaker you would barely even hear it.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:22 PM

i did this. the only way i could fit it in was to take out the memory card reader though. i never use this sansa so just thought i would try

Tags
speaker, speakers