android
Old 03-12-2009, 07:30 PM

Default P3 or iTouch?

Oh lord i dont know...im leaning toward itouch

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It's too late then. I personally recommend getting both. The Touch is more a PDA with email and games and all that wifi brings. If you don't have wifi in your house then get the P3 as 50% of the stock apps on the Touch depend on it.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:41 AM

I heard that... samsung is working to create an app store like apple to compete. hopefully the p3 will be able to install hundreds of widgets too!

Old 03-13-2009, 12:33 PM

Personally the iTouch is overrated and too generic. Everyone has got one and just because it is an apple product, u have to pay wayyy more money.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:18 AM

if you want a thing that everyone have buy a ipod.
I like the p3 more because not everyone have it.
P3 is cheaper.
Ipod have a wifi chip and P3 not
200.apple

Old 03-15-2009, 12:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

E133T: If you own neither, then whichever one you get will delight you. Both will play music and video and photos. Both have even more features to distract you. It will take a month or so to even discover all the details.

Only after you get one does desire for the other usually set in. Each will have a feature or two you really want that the other doesn't have. The P3 doesn't have wifi for example. The Touch doesn't have bluetooth or FM or phone pairing, etc..

Just get one. Either one. Enjoy the adventure!

Old 03-15-2009, 12:37 PM
Samsung Moderator

They are just not made for the same utilisation.
If for you music and videos are important, get a P3, the sound is largely better and you don't have to reencode your videos with the 2.07 firmware.
If you want a wifi-game-applications-coffee machine station, get the Touch.

Old 03-15-2009, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
E133T: If you own neither, then whichever one you get will delight you.
Just get one. Either one. Enjoy the adventure!
An honest and fair post.

I don't want to start a flame war here or open a can of worms (and I realize this is anythingbut ipod), but it is clear that one should not come to this site asking about whether one should buy any Ipod vs. something else anymore than anyone should go to an Ipod forum and ask the same question. In the views of many on this site an Ipod Touch is a toy and everything else is a "real" music player. I agree that the masses have fallen under the spell of the Apple marketing machine and blindly buy Ipods because they don't know any better, but there are many who have made such purchases after well thought out research -- even those who want a good music player in addition to certain other features. Take a look on Head-Fi and you will find many people who love the Ipod Touch sound quality.

Again, I don't intend to start a battle, but I think someone needs to point out to the OP that there is a very real bias here and he should be careful and take some of the comments lightly. Both players have there positives and negatives and at the end of the day it makes sense to try to get to a store if possible (or order online from someone with a good return policy) and play and listen to each to form one's own conclusion.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljazz6 View Post
An honest and fair post.

I don't want to start a flame war here or open a can of worms (and I realize this is anythingbut ipod), but it is clear that one should not come to this site asking about whether one should buy any Ipod vs. something else anymore than anyone should go to an Ipod forum and ask the same question. In the views of many on this site an Ipod Touch is a toy and everything else is a "real" music player. I agree that the masses have fallen under the spell of the Apple marketing machine and blindly buy Ipods because they don't know any better, but there are many who have made such purchases after well thought out research -- even those who want a good music player in addition to certain other features. Take a look on Head-Fi and you will find many people who love the Ipod Touch sound quality.

Again, I don't intend to start a battle, but I think someone needs to point out to the OP that there is a very real bias here and he should be careful and take some of the comments lightly. Both players have there positives and negatives and at the end of the day it makes sense to try to get to a store if possible (or order online from someone with a good return policy) and play and listen to each to form one's own conclusion.
I agree with your opinion!
Both have different features…

Old 03-18-2009, 12:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

With what Apple just announced, the Touch is getting more interesting. I preferred the P2 because of Bluetooth, but in June/July the 2nd gen Touch will get it's bluetooth chip activated for stereo headphones A2DP and more. It also will become even more of a PDA with cut & paste, search, and so on.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

yea, but the upgrade is 10$...
unless you want a whole whack of semi useless apps, i would go with the p3...
it can run games (just like touch), but not sure about other apps

Old 03-18-2009, 08:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I have a touch, and except for the audio quality (blah!!!), it's not so bad. But, TBH, personally I'd go for the P3 myself as the SQ alone is just so much better, and it comes w/a few games - FOR FREE!!!!

I only have the touch since I got it for free, and it's waiting for the DEV team's official jailbreak as I type (the free 1, not NitroKey).

Get a P3, be happy, and there will be no worries about jailbreaking the dang thing in the future, and no buyers remorse that would come w/a touch. Get a P3!!!!

Old 03-23-2009, 07:04 AM

Well, thank you for input. It really is hard to make a decision because i really like both, but right now with the way the touch looks and the coming upgrades....i think thats what i am going to go with. I am not saying anything is wrong with the p3 i i an excellent device, it just doesent fit the needs i want in a pmp.

And i am not blindly buying this things from apple because i am a consumer zombie or whatever the one guy said. I am not trying to be a conformist either. I simply buying one over the other because of the FEATURES they both incorporate, and from what it looks like now...the Touch has Sh*tload of features.

-E133T

Old 03-23-2009, 09:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

You might also consider that the P3, and a few other Korean players have flash playing capability. They all have 480 x 272 screens. It means flash games/apps made for any one of them will probably work on all of them. The Cowon S9 and iRiver SPINN have AMOLED screens which look amazing with photos and videos, and at 3.3 inches are closer in size to the Touch's 3.5" screen. I've already found a good calendar and calculator for my S9 which I'm sure would work on the P3. You have far more choices for how the UI looks and work with the S9 than the P3 or Touch. It's not hard to make the Touch owners I occasionally have lunch with jealous over my S9. Of course then they show me photos they saved from an email they got on their Touch that very moment. Then they show me their kids' web site. As we leave they remind me to take my umbrella as their weather.com app just threw up a thunderstorm warning for the county.

Yes, the Touch is amazing, and only getting better with time. That's also true, but to a lesser non-wifi extent, with the P3 and the S9. Both are better media players though, and my S9 is my goto device when I just want a song or even a movie to watch.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:19 AM

Well, I fond myself hesitating between the cowon, the the P3. I went for the P3 for two reason : less expensive, fits my needs more then the S9 would have had.S9 have a lots of geeky functions, but, they woudn't have been usefull to me. So paying 70 euros more just to show off ? Well, no.

Just ask yourself these question :
What does the P3 does that the Ipod don't ?
What does the Ipod does the P3 dosn't ?
What functions are actually useful to me ?
Is the use me myself will do the the additional stuff on Itouch worth the price difference ?

And go for the one that's the closer to your need.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 03-23-2009 at 01:28 PM.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:42 PM

iPod for me is too generic, too expensive (for the apple logo, most like) and has loads of useless apps (lets face it how many of the 200000 or however many apps are useful?). And i definitely would not want to be seen in the street with such a big block of hideosity. BAD DESIGN. Period. P3 <3

Old 03-24-2009, 06:56 AM

When you think about it the touch design is actually very nice, fits in your pocket, sleek, and thin.Also the apps don't have to be useful at all! Though some of them have a use the others are for fun! And lets not froget that the touch has got God's user interface. Now, im not saying the this one is better than all the others, but, come on........

Old 03-24-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E133T View Post
When you think about it the touch design is actually very nice, fits in your pocket, sleek, and thin.Also the apps don't have to be useful at all! Though some of them have a use the others are for fun! And lets not froget that the touch has got God's user interface. Now, im not saying the this one is better than all the others, but, come on........
I never was a fan of apple's user interfaces. Pc under linux or widows, i get it to do what i want. Put me in front of a mac, it does everything but what i want.
I borrowed an Ipod once, took me some time to figure out. Just like a felt quickly more at ease with the P3 than the S9
Somehow, me and appele's designer seams to be on two different wavelenght.

A good UI is the one that fits your way of thinking

Old 03-24-2009, 06:46 PM

Ipod touch is hideous in my opinion. anything after ipod nano 1st gen was disastrous.. apple needs new designers.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E133T View Post
p3 *cough* flash support *cough* almost any game on the internet flash 8 below *cough* wayyyy more games *cough*