android
Old 03-13-2009, 04:50 PM

Default Organizing Albums and Playlists in Fuze

I'm totally new to mp3s and this is my fist Sansa Fuze, so this is still a bit confusing to me. I've read and looked through this forum and have got so much useful information. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't found you all here... probably taken my Fuze back. Because of reading this forum I'm able to make playlists and understand how the Fuze works much better.
I have a 4gb and am using it in MPT mode. I've tried both ways and found this way works the best for me. I can still drag and drop in MPT mode and am able to easily make playlists ( right click on the song and choose "make playlist") with out having to use any third party program.
I have entire albums that I have put in the Fuze and also made multiple playlists of various songs. The one thing I'm not liking is when I'm using the Fuze and go to albums to listen to an album, many songs from my playlist are also there. It makes it messy and confusing to sort through all those stray songs when trying to find an album to listen to.
I don't know much about tags yet but trying to learn. I got stamp id3 tag editor. So I'm wondering, is my only option to use the tag editor to take out the album info for the songs I use in my Playlist so that they don't show up under albums in my player? Or make all my albums into playlists? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Many thanks,
Susan

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-13-2009, 05:10 PM

The purpose of tags is to organize and therefore play your music in different ways: by genre, by album (which makes the most sense, for example, for operas, symphonies, and "album rock" type music--Pink Floyd comes to mind). Playlists are just another way to sort your music.

You write "I don't know much about tags." Keep trying to learn and when you "get it," you'll understand why your songs are supposed to appear in both albums and playlists. Good luck!

Old 03-13-2009, 05:54 PM

I get what you're saying. So far I have about 7 albums and almost 200 songs on multiple playlists. I just wish when I wanted to go listen to a particular album, I could go to album and not have to weed through all those individual songs to try and find an album to listen to. It's not exactly tidy and neat that way. But as I use it more I'll become adjusted to it I'm sure. Or I can put my albums in playlists.
Thanks for writing me back.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:22 PM

If you use your tag editor to tag each of your tracks with the correct album name then you'll see an entry for each album in the albums menu that will play all tracks from just that album.