android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision:M

Old 03-28-2009, 01:04 PM

Default Some weird going on's possibly firmware or button pad

Hi there, my zvm has started doing some weird things recently.

First of all its a zvm30gb model which I have upgraded to a 80gb hdd. It worked fine for a number of months after the upgrade.

1) The player seems to get confused about which button has been pressed. It works fine for a while then I'll press for instance skip right and the track playing will pause, or it will act like the shortcut button as been pressed. After a bit of button mashing everything goes back to doing what its ment to.

The only buttons that dont seem to be affected by this are the skip back button, the touch pad and the back button. All the other buttons sometimes do other buttons things, but not the uneffected ones jobs.

This problem used to be worse as it used to affect the power/lock slider as well as the touch pad button (but not sliding up and down). These issues have both gone away now.

2) If the players turned on from a cold start? Where it takes longer to turn on. The volume is always at 17 and usually at the first song in whatever is in the now playing list when I turned the player off. Everything else is as it was, the list is unaffected etc.

Don't really know whats happening, the first problem could be to do with the buttons circuit board maybe.

Thanks for anyhelp!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-29-2009, 08:51 AM

Does no one have any ideas?