android
Old 03-30-2009, 09:16 AM

Default Music Videos

Just bought my daughter a Fuze to upgrade from her M240. She would like to put some music videos on. Where is the best place to get videos from? We subscribe to Rhapsody for an e250, the Fuze and another M240 and I can't seem to purchase the videos for transfer to her Fuze. Thanks in advance!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-02-2009, 10:10 AM

PLEASE SEE MY UPDATE IN POST #7 OF THIS THREAD

i use youtube. simply download the videos with a firefox browser add on such as downloadhelper

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006

and convert them into the necessary format. which is avi as i understand. then run them through the Sansa Media Converter to put them on your Fuze with full functionality

i'm new to all this but that is what i do. i suppose there are other ways. you will need a 3rd party program to convert the youtube FLV video file to avi, however. i use WinAVI FLV Converter. first i convert them with the program, then i put the converted file on my Fuze with Sansa Media Converter. easiest thing in the world

now, WinAVI FLV Converter is $30, but i believe some free programs (Freeware) are out and about. i'm sure someone will come along and have some suggestions / links. i do have a...um...."copy" of the program i can upload for you that is fully functional which you can download, but idk if posting links to such things is permitted here. so i'll refrain for now

anyway thats how i do it. i'm sure others will come along with more suggestions

EDIT: i should point out this method is around 70% effective for me. sometimes the FLV file won't convert properly for some reason. don't know if its the software or video file itself....but i suspect its the file

Last edited by Short_Fuze; 04-02-2009 at 05:26 PM.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:30 AM

here is some free software for conversion. on this page is a FLV to avi converter. haven't tried it yet so idk how good or not it is. check around the website for more stuff, too

http://www.onlyfreewares.com/Audio-V...-Converter.php

Old 04-02-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short_Fuze View Post
but idk if posting links to such things is permitted here. so i'll refrain for now
Nope, it isn't.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:42 AM

great. thanks for the info

ok i just used the free software i posted above in my second post....and it works like a charm. in fact it converted a youtube video that the other "pay for" software failed to do. so maybe the 70% success rate with that one is the software after all? i'll post back if i meet more success where i have failed before

the only thing is i have to set the FPS at 15 with the freeware, as it doesn't have a custom option. i can set it to 23 FPS lowest, and i believe the Fuze is only compatible with 20FPS and under

i must say to the naked eye i can see no difference between 15 and 20, 'tho. it looks perfect

Old 04-02-2009, 11:51 AM

k back

just want to tell the OP that link i posted for the freeware works PERFECT. i am so happy seems like a great program, as i just had my second successful conversion where i had failed with the other software

so i would say use that to convert the youtube videos, and then use Sansa Media Converter to put them on the Fuze. its fast, easy, and your daughter can have as many FREE music videos on her Fuze as it will hold. and anything else they have on youtube

my audio conversion settings are 128kbit and and sampling freq. is 44100 btw

EDIT : ok strike all that for now. the software is converting them, but Sansa Media Converter isn't accepting them. getting an error message. however i am determined to find a solution!

will post up when i have it worked out

EDIT 2: ok i got it worked out but will be late for work if i post settings and details. i am running out the door but it works perfectly now. will post back in a few hours or more with settings / instructions. so check back

Last edited by Short_Fuze; 04-02-2009 at 12:38 PM.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:48 PM

Default How to put music video on your fuze via youtube

Ok OP i am not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but it works to put music video on the Fuze perfectly. or any other youtube video

(1) download this browser add on and use with FireFox

http://download.cnet.com/DownloadHel...-10747511.html

follow its instructions, go to youtube, and download videos in regular quality (High Def videos will not play on the Fuze so far as i know)

(2) download this free FLV file converter and add the video(s) you want to put on your Fuze

http://www.onlyfreewares.com/Audio-V...-Converter.php

use these EXACT settings to convert the files and save in the directory of your choice

Output File Format / Video Settings

Video Codec: DivX 3 Low - Motion
Bitrate: 850kbit/s
FPS: 24

Audio Settings

Audio Codec: Auto
Bitrate: 128kbit/s
Sampling Freq. 44100
Channels: Stereo
Volume: 100%

Advanced Settings

Resolution: Custom (set at 220X176)

select your youtube/FLV video file and click "Convert" on the program toolbar

ok, your video has been converted and is ready to be put on the Fuze

(3) Open Sansa Media Converter and select the video you want to put on the Fuze by clicking "Add Media." Add as many as you like. Make sure the Fuze is connected to the computer, of course (lol). Click "Convert"

and thats it! you are done and playing video on the Fuze. i would recommend getting the best quality video available from youtube in picture and sound, as they always have multiple vids for one song. so go through them a little, as the Fuze will play them as they are

hope this helps you...and some others

Last edited by Short_Fuze; 04-02-2009 at 06:54 PM.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:36 AM

Thanks for all the information! I can't wait to try it out. She loves her Fuze! I just hope her new wall charger hurries up and gets here!

Old 04-10-2009, 11:53 AM

yea, didnt work for me....

Old 04-17-2009, 01:08 AM

The simplest way is to:
1. find a video on youtube with high quality option
2. copy the url
3. go to keepvid.com or savevid.com
4. paste url, click download
5. download as .mp4
6. use sansa media converter as usual
No need for extra re-encodes and firefox extensions/greasemonkey scripts.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:53 AM

i don't see how that is simpler then my method. i:

1. download the video
2. convert the video to avi
3. use SMC to put video on fuze

thats it

EDIT: ok maybe its a tad simpler. but mine does work 100%!

don't know what the deal is with BAMF