android
Old 04-07-2009, 10:07 PM

Default 2GB won't fit on 8GB of space?

I just got my 8GB Fuze, and plugged it in and went to sync it up with my media library. I've only got about 2 gigs in this library since it's a new computer and I'm still moving everything over, but when I try to sync it up Winamp gives me an error saying the contents won't fit on the device. WTF is that?

I've tried it in both modes, and even formatted the device. Still can't get 2GB of music to fit on 8GB of space. I've even formatted the player, since it looked like there were some 'invisible' songs (played on the device, didn't show up or impact memory in Winamp) and I just can't figure it out.

What do I have to do to clean out the memory and get all the space used? Is there something obvious I'm missing?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-08-2009, 12:27 AM

This may not Sync the files exactly as you'd like, but try to just open the Fuze's memory just as you would a thumb drive. Drag in your music, and see if it works.

This is what I have always done. Sloppy..maybe, but it works lol.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:32 AM

So no one has any suggestions beyond 'try it again, that should do it'? I guess i'll just call newegg and return it. I should still be able to get return credit so I can buy a decent player, and if not maybe they'll replace this one with another one that actually works as advertised.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:58 PM

My 8gb works perfectly..I Just have no experience using Winamp to sync my music. The Fuze for its price is a very nice,quality player.

Updating your Firmware may help also, if you haven't already.

This whole forum area has been pretty dead this past week.....

Old 04-09-2009, 01:15 PM

My first thought would be to verify the storage amount by switching to msc mode, mounting the device and verifying it shows @ 8gb of usable space. After verifying the unit is a full 8gb and following mp3nutcase's suggestion, I'd move the files over slowly while monitoring available space.

Let us know what you find.

Old 04-09-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JihadJesus View Post
So no one has any suggestions beyond 'try it again, that should do it'?
I believe the suggestion actually was, "try it again using another method than syncing with Winamp".

Usually when flash memory works this way it either needs to be reformatted (try it both through your computer and using the formatting command on the Fuze), it's an incorrectly labelled device (unlikely from a reputable store like Newegg), or a couple of sectors are just damaged, in which case Newegg should be able to replace it for you under warranty.

Or if you want to take the easy way out you can just give up on it. Your choice.