android
Old 04-10-2009, 02:48 PM

Default Thinking of getting this...album art view?

Well I am debating between this 16gb and the 16gb new iPod Nano.

I like the Nano cause of the nice interface and the full-screen album art view, and how easy it is to get album art.

What does the full-screen album art view look like in the View? And how easy is it to like get album art for every album?

I know that it's not usually important, but that is like the main thing that I want in an MP3 player, so thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-10-2009, 08:04 PM

I would suggest getting something else. sandisk abandoned support for this device for some time now.

Old 04-11-2009, 03:01 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikon000 View Post
I would suggest getting something else. sandisk abandoned support for this device for some time now.
I agree. I just ordered 1, but after checking the SanDisk Sansa Forums, and seeing there's been no firmware update for a good year I've decided a return will be in order. There's basically no support for the player, and I'm not gonna' sit on my laurels and wait till RockBox comes forward w/a build. FWIW, look for another player, DON'T get the View.

Old 04-11-2009, 04:26 PM

So basically the only good Sansa player to get would be the Fuze?

Old 04-11-2009, 08:31 PM

The way they have support for devices, poor in most cases; it would be better to avoid all players from this vendor. drm is up the ying yang on all current devices so far and relies too much on windows media player for syncing.

You can get something far better from samsung or cowon right now. If you decide to get a view anyways, I wish you the best of luck if your unlucky enough to have any of the current issues.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:42 PM

Yeah well, I won't considering everything that was just said haha.

I guess I'll most likely be getting the 16gb iPod Nano, since I can get that for like $160 on eBay...and that seems the best value...unless anybody has other recommendations? I looked on some Cowon's...but the interface kind of resembled Windows 2000 but in blue haha, and the Samsung P3 seems really expensive!

Old 04-12-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektrik View Post
So basically the only good Sansa player to get would be the Fuze?
I just had to chime in on this thread. Yes if I was you I wouldn't get a View precisely because of the poor reviews previously mentioned. But your saying that buying a Fuze is like a poor second choice?. As I have said in other threads the Fuze is by far the best 'bang for your buck' player on the market right now. I would pick a Fuze over an Ipod Nano EVERY SINGLE TIME. I've had mine for over a year now and love it to death. Sounds GREAT, does decent video, radio is good, memory is expandable, OGG and FLAC support, now with folder navigation,..I mean what more can you ask for in an $80 player?.

Pick up an 8GB Fuze $80 and a 16GB microSDHC card on Ebay (I've seen them as low as $45 btw), and for roughly $125 you got yourself a butt-kicking 24GB player dude!. And saving yourself $40 in the process over an Ipod Nano. Oh, and as far as Sandisk customer service goes I've had to deal with them twice over the past year (for my e200 not Fuze), and both times the experiences have been cordial and satisfactory...no complaints.

I know the choice of what you do get is ultimately yours...I was just trying to open your mind to another possibility? Cheers!
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC