android
Old 04-23-2009, 05:41 PM

Default Samsung P3 > Winamp MTP Sync

Just wondering if anyone else has researched this more thouroughly than me. The MTP sync does not work on the P3 with Winamp, seeing as how my entire music library is on here and tagged it is very frustraing. Basically Winamp opens then crashes immediatey when you try and do anything. I have come to realize that this is due to the plays for sure plugin (pmp_***) which can be removed from the directory which in turn allows you to use the P3 with UMS turned on instead. Stil this is very annoying, wondering if anyone else had any thoughts or comments on this. Seeing as Winamp is da bomb as far as controlling media.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-23-2009, 08:19 PM

Hmm I've never used WinAmp with my P2 but MediaMonkey works pretty well. I don't have a P3 yet though, so I haven't tried it.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:53 AM

I c, I have media monkey installed just have not got around to using it. I may have to now i suppose. Kinda annoyed at Winamp for dropped the ball on this one... Pretty much my only annoyances so far is the Winamp syncing and non bookmarking for datacasts and audiobooks. Other than that its a pretty sweet pmp.

Tags
mtp, p3, playsforsure, sync, winamp