android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze

Old 04-24-2009, 09:41 AM

Default Paint chipping/peeling on button and clickwheel? Also, "replacement" for Fuze

Hey all. I have a random and/or odd question to ask of you all. Recently I have noticed that the paint on the "action" button of my Fuze has started to chip off. After taking another look at it a few days ago, I noticed this is starting to happen on the click wheel as well. Has this happened to anyone else? Find it odd that its happening at all, as I have always kept it in a case of some sort.

Its not a big deal (yay for 1 year of free replacements with BB warranty), just something I am curious about.

Another random question: Just remembered that within the first year of the warranty, I can get a different player instead of the same one. I use up the warranty, but that's cheap enough. Anyone know of a PMP that might be worth getting as a "replacement" for the Fuze? I kinda want to give the View a try again (fits better in my extra large hands), but I had maajor firmware issues with it when it first came out. Also, it did not have an option to set it to MSC mode: You had to hold down a button combo to get it to connect to a Mac or Linux box.

Edit: Ga. Forgot to say what Fuze I have. Its a 8GB.

Last edited by GumbyX84; 04-24-2009 at 09:56 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-24-2009, 10:46 AM

I have had my fuze for about a year now. I keep it in some $5 case. its made out of that rubberized cloth stuff. I have no problems with cosmetic wear. The only wear on it is with the hold/power button. Some days that thing is a pain to move.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:09 PM

I don't know about the paint stuff, except that happens on a lot o' electronics. Is the paint coming off of an area that the case protects? Is the case clean? If dirt gets between the case and the player it might actually be worse than without a case at all.

Re: replacement
A lot of people say that Sandisk has pretty much forgotten the View exists and have stopped updating the firmware. If you had FW problems before I wouldn't be surprised if you'll have them again. Also, by all accounts it doesn't sound as good as the Fuze.

One more thing: unless the rules have changed you aren't officially entitled to a replacement of your choice. That provision is in the replacement plan to cover times when that store doesn't have an exact replacement available (like if the product is discontinued or if they simply don't have any in stock). BUT I do think it is likely they will let you choose something else if you want (specially if it looks like you might make a stink), but be aware that it might not be the case.

Old 04-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The paint is chipped on the centre button of my little used Fuze.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I only have a couple little spots around the power switch that are chipped...given that I've had it since September, not too bad.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:24 PM

no spots here...I have the Titanium version.
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Old 04-24-2009, 08:37 PM

I thought they were all titanium...

Old 04-24-2009, 08:57 PM

I was joking. Sorry.
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Old 04-26-2009, 02:55 AM

I have several long scratches where the rubberized coating has come off my Fuze's center wheel. This happened several months ago, however, and no more scratches have happened since. Also, the raised notch on my power switch has long ago ground off, and I can only turn it on now by digging a fingernail under the switch to push it up. My silicone case is also getting a little shredded in that area because of it. I really hate that power switch and wish I could use the front button like on my old E280...

Old 05-06-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddBob View Post
I have several long scratches where the rubberized coating has come off my Fuze's center wheel. This happened several months ago, however, and no more scratches have happened since. Also, the raised notch on my power switch has long ago ground off, and I can only turn it on now by digging a fingernail under the switch to push it up. My silicone case is also getting a little shredded in that area because of it. I really hate that power switch and wish I could use the front button like on my old E280...
Funny, my dad had the exact same problem with his fuze. He got pissed when it happened and threw it out.

Old 05-07-2009, 11:47 AM

I don't like the combo hold and power button either. It's too much trouble and it wears out. If there was one thing with the case that I would change it would be that.

Tags
chipping, paint, peeling