android
Old 04-24-2009, 11:35 AM

Default Sony NWZ-A729/Volume restrictions/shure headphones

Hi all , First post on here so sorry if this has been asked many times.

I recently purchased the above sony walkman and overall i'm very happy with the quality apart from one thing its just not loud enough, i have been searching the net and came across this site.

I have read how to access the service menu from The Dark sides thread i have changed the treble/bass which has improved things, in the service menu i can access the audio max output but it won't let me change anything.
Has anyone got any idea how to ?

My other option is to buy some shure headphones i was just about to purchase some but thought i would ask here first is it worth buying these if i can't turn off the volume restriction , would getting these alone improve the volume.

I have checked the AVLS is off.

I'm from the uk so subject to EEC regulations hence the volume restrictions.

Many thanks for you help with this.

Last edited by Motogp; 04-24-2009 at 01:49 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-25-2009, 08:09 AM

Update , i emailed sony uk asking them how to turn off the volume restriction this is there reply .

"Sony United Kingdom Limited does endeavour to meet customer expectations. However, on some occasions it is possible that a product may not meet a customer's specific requirements. Although we acknowledge that this is frustrating for you, this is a factor that is beyond the control of Sony United Kingdom Ltd as the product is performing as it is designed to.

Whilst we are unable to be of direct assistance on this occasion, Sony does welcome feedback from our customers and with this in mind, I have passed your comments to the Product Management for their information."

So know joy with them. Anyone with any ideas ?

Thanks .