android
Old 04-24-2009, 06:05 PM

Default NWZ-A829 Problems with Media Manager

Hey guys / gals.

I have a bit of a problem regarding the NWZ-A829. I only recieved it today, it was working brilliantly unitl I installed Media Manager Pro.

I have an issue my PC will not recorgnise the device, it says Connecting, then displays the message Creating Libary, then does nothing goes on to the main screen doesnt charge doesn't do anything. My PC beeps to say a USB device has been plugged in but nowhere can I seem to find the device its driving me mad .

Within Media Manager Pro it states Connect Walkman to PC with USB cable...

Although I tried to drag files across from my laptop (without Media Manager) works perfectly, its just a real pain to transfer all my music across to the laptop then onto the walkman. So I know its not the walkman.

If anyone could help I would be very greatful.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-17-2009, 10:05 PM

I have been looking to purchase a NWZ-A829...
Can't find it anywhere...
Can you tell me where you purchased yours...???

Other than the issue you posted here, are you happy with it???

Thanx

Old 06-20-2009, 09:05 AM

Have you tried Media Go? It's a free download from Sony and it is fantastic. Much much better than the old Media Manager software.

Old 06-20-2009, 02:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalq View Post
Have you tried Media Go? It's a free download from Sony and it is fantastic. Much much better than the old Media Manager software.
I agree, and it works perfectly w/other brands of players as well: http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/...?page=download

Old 06-29-2009, 09:43 AM

What OS are you on? If you are running XP and did not have Windows Media Player 11 or the 'Windows Media Player 11 runtime' component installed on your system the first time you connected your device, then your system won't have the proper drivers installed for your WALKMAN to be properly recognized as a 'Portable Device'. WMP11 (or the 'WMP11 runtime' component) provide the proper drivers for MTP devices. In this cases, you may see Device Manager categorize your WALKMAN as some type of 'Imaging Device' or printer. You would need to disable this, reboot, then reconnect your device (after having WMP11 or the WMP11 runtime component installed). Your system should then recognize your device as an MTP 'Portable Device' when connected via USB and it should then be properly recognized by Media Manager for WALKMAN or Media Go.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricain13 View Post
What OS are you on? If you are running XP and did not have Windows Media Player 11 or the 'Windows Media Player 11 runtime' component installed on your system the first time you connected your device, then your system won't have the proper drivers installed for your WALKMAN to be properly recognized as a 'Portable Device'. WMP11 (or the 'WMP11 runtime' component) provide the proper drivers for MTP devices. In this cases, you may see Device Manager categorize your WALKMAN as some type of 'Imaging Device' or printer. You would need to disable this, reboot, then reconnect your device (after having WMP11 or the WMP11 runtime component installed). Your system should then recognize your device as an MTP 'Portable Device' when connected via USB and it should then be properly recognized by Media Manager for WALKMAN or Media Go.
I have exactly the same problem as the original post however up untill a week ago everything worked as expected so I dont understand why my Walkman is not now recognised. Running XP ME and Media Manager pro. One clue is when I plug in any portable device even a memory stick I no longer get the usual box asking me what i wish to do ie. open device to view folders etc. So always now after plugging device in go to My Computer to open anything, but the damn Walkman refuses to show its face... Help would be much appreciated Yes I have reset the Walkman ans Sony dont seem to have an answer. Martin