android
Old 04-24-2009, 09:51 PM

Default Songs ratings

What is song rating in fuze good for?
As I understood from other threads rating song 4-5 stars includes it in "Play My Top Rated".

But what's the difference between 1 & 2 stars? And between 4 & 5?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-24-2009, 10:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by somora2 View Post
What is song rating in fuze good for?
As I understood from other threads rating song 4-5 stars includes it in "Play My Top Rated".

But what's the difference between 1 & 2 stars? And between 4 & 5?
To me, the song ratings are useless....but there are others here who swear by them, so I'm sure one of them will be able to help you out.

Old 04-25-2009, 02:58 AM

Ratings are good if you have a large collection of music.

If the 5-star scale is more than you need I suggest just using 1, 3, or 5 stars: 1-songs you don't like, 3-you're indifferent, 5-songs you like. If you're using a music manager have it remove all the 1-star songs from your player. If you have a ton of music, have it remove all the 3s too.

Old 04-25-2009, 02:55 PM

I only put music I like on my Fuze, so it is useless. To me it seemed as a way to let someone who was looking at your player know what you liked. But then again, they could just ask.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:46 PM

Hmmm... my Fuze has >1,200 songs on it. That's a lot of questions... Put a 16 gb card in there and there might be 3,600 songs (or 3,600 questions apparently).

If you are able to retrieve your opinions about 1,200 songs from memory then more power to ya. What about when you have 12,000 songs?

Old 04-28-2009, 07:07 AM

I use the ratings for sorting, making playlists and keeping track of what to sync. I rate all albums I like at 3 stars, my favorite albums and artists get 4 stars. Individual songs that I really like get 5 stars. For tracks on albums that aren't full songs, like a short intro/outro but is a separate track I rate 2 stars. Anything that I don't want synced gets rated 1 star.

I usually listen to my music in random mode, so I have a playlist called "All Music" which has all songs with 3-5 star ratings on it, and I have a playlist called "Favorites" that has only 4 and 5 star songs on it. On the "Favorites" playlist, I put the 5 star songs on the playlist 5 times, so when playing that playist on random, the songs I like the most have a better chance of being played.

This way when playing those playlists on random, the short intro/outro tracks don't get played. I sync everything with a 2 or better star rating, so I can still listen to whole albums if I want to.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirudin View Post
Hmmm... my Fuze has >1,200 songs on it. That's a lot of questions... Put a 16 gb card in there and there might be 3,600 songs (or 3,600 questions apparently).

If you are able to retrieve your opinions about 1,200 songs from memory then more power to ya. What about when you have 12,000 songs?
I just checked my music folder on my pc. 45gigs of music. I have them all in Songbird and I can organize it pretty well. I know everything I have and I listen depending on what mood I am in. I just scroll to the artist and let it blast. Maybe I just have a really good memory, I dunno, but this system has always worked for me.

My Fuze is only 4gigs+ a 1 gig SD card and i can manage that quite easily. I really need to get a bigger SD card come to think of it.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:30 PM

hey guys

listen i'm not a big playlist maker but would like to make ONE using my Fuze as i listen to certain songs

i've figured out the "To Go List' which is fine for spur of the moment lists on the go. funny enough

but i would like to make a "Top Rated' list which the player remembers so each time i turn on my Fuze i can go to that single playlist and hear my fave songs. HOWEVER...every time i rate a song it doesn't show up in my "Play Top Rated" option even though i rate it 5 Stars

all i do is go to "Rate Song" while the song is playing, rate it 5, click the center button, and thats it. am i missing something here?

thanks

Old 04-28-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short_Fuze View Post

but i would like to make a "Top Rated' list which the player remembers so each time i turn on my Fuze i can go to that single playlist and hear my fave songs. HOWEVER...every time i rate a song it doesn't show up in my "Play Top Rated" option even though i rate it 5 Stars

all i do is go to "Rate Song" while the song is playing, rate it 5, click the center button, and thats it. am i missing something here?

thanks
Keep in mind that the Fuze loses ratings on files on the external card when it does a database refresh.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenzip View Post
Keep in mind that the Fuze loses ratings on files on the external card when it does a database refresh.
ah...so that must be it, then. unfortunate as i have a 2 gig Fuze with half of the internal memory dedicated to video. i'm not sure when the database is being refreshed, but it has ""refreshed" (the media) a couple of times since i made a small ratings list. does this count as a "database refresh"

thanks for the reply