android
Old 04-25-2009, 03:24 PM

Default Frozen on Zen Vision:M screen

So the other day my zen froze while I was trying to skip a song (pretty standard). I reset it... it started to rebuild... it got to the end of rebuilding and froze. So I reset it again. Now it's freezing on the opening Zen vision:M screen. The computer isn't detecting it when I plug it in... I've tried everything I can think of. It wont turn off.... just frozen pizza. Anything I can try??! Help is much appreciated. I have over 3k in songs and none of the m backed up... I know, I know, I'm an idiot! Thanks for any and all help.
-Jess

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-26-2009, 11:43 AM

Hum. Well, it sounds like a problem with the firmware. I had something similar to your problem before I upgraded the firmware. What firmware version do you have? Have you tried to stick a needle in the reset hole, and all the other tips from the manual?

Old 04-26-2009, 01:26 PM

Yeah I've reset it over and over... just wont get past the opening screen. It finally started charging while being plugged into the computer but the computer still didnt recognize it as being connected. And I have no idea what Firmware I have.... just whatever came with my Zen 3 years ago or so haha. Do you think downloading something like that would help?? How would I get it on my Zen if the computer doesnt see it as being connected? I don't care about the actually player as much as I do the songs. Thanks for your help.

Old 04-26-2009, 02:29 PM

I had that problem, and I figured out that it was a hard drive problem, but the screen I couldnt get past was the zen vision: m screen. If thats the one u cant get past, you might want to try the compact flash conversion. I did it, and except for the sync times, my player is better than ever.

Old 04-26-2009, 04:44 PM

try accessing recovery mode, and running disk clean up

Old 04-26-2009, 04:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flubjo1 View Post
So the other day my zen froze while I was trying to skip a song (pretty standard). I reset it... it started to rebuild... it got to the end of rebuilding and froze. So I reset it again. Now it's freezing on the opening Zen vision:M screen. The computer isn't detecting it when I plug it in... I've tried everything I can think of. It wont turn off.... just frozen pizza. Anything I can try??! Help is much appreciated. I have over 3k in songs and none of the m backed up... I know, I know, I'm an idiot! Thanks for any and all help.
-Jess
After the battery has charged boot the player to Recovery/Rescue mode & do a Cleanup >Reboot on the player. Leave the firmware as you won't be able to reload it since the computer does not recognize it. http://forums.creative.com/creativel...ap&thread.id=3

Old 04-26-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachop94 View Post
After the battery has charged boot the player to Recovery/Rescue mode & do a Cleanup >Reboot on the player. Leave the firmware as you won't be able to reload it since the computer does not recognize it. http://forums.creative.com/creativel...ap&thread.id=3
i won :P

Old 04-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrododorF View Post
i won :P

Old 04-27-2009, 01:04 AM

Disk scan worked! Sooo stoked! Thanks so much baby angels!

Old 04-27-2009, 01:17 AM

Hold on: I had a similar problem with my ZVM when it was new, the screen turned on, froze, flickered and then turned off after a few minutes. My computer couldn't find it allthough it was plugged in for hours and hours and software was installed and everything. I emailed Creative support about it and they told me to download the new firmware, connect the ZVM to the computer AND the wall charger in order to transfer the firmware. I did all that and it worked fine.
I still say that you should update the firmware. If your ZVM has the same firmware that it came with 3 years ago: you so need to get the new one. The old one, that the ZVMs came with, is totally bugged.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:33 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I repair Zens. I know of what I speak. I did not say they should not update it. the problem was the computer did not see it. Now that it is working they can update the firmware. AFTER they backup the files on it because it will erase the files that are on it now. They wanted to at the least keep the files. Cleanup does not erase the files it cleans up the data base & scans the disc.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:46 AM

Ah! Okay, I mustof mistaken cleanup for reformatting. Sorry...my brain won't work in the mornings (it's 8.46 am in Sweden now).