android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision:M

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2009, 01:09 AM

Default My Zen loses a lot of battery life while turned off

I'm new here, and I searched but couldn't find much on the subject except that there is a standby mode, which was added in a certain firmware update. I own a Creative Zen Vision M 30 GB, and I have had it for almost two years. I have noticed that after I turn it off, then go to my classes (I'm in college), and turn it back on at the end of the school day, there is a significant amount of battery loss, which I assume to be resulting from the standby mode I have read about. I believe it has done this since the very day I received it, so it's not just a recent issue.

It hasn't been a problem until recently because I now have much longer classes, and when I turn my Zen back on while leaving school, the battery is almost completely drained despite having been turned off with the battery bar looking close to full at the beginning of the day. Does anybody know what could be causing this? If it is in fact the standby mode, does anyone know a way to turn it off or decrease it's energy usage? Sorry if this question has been asked and answered before, but I couldn't seem to see a thread regarding this issue. Oh, and if you need to know the version of firmware on my player, it is 1.62.02...when I check the settings on the computer it says 1.62.02_0.00.23

I'd appreciate someone who knows anything at all to help me out; I absolutely love music and can't stand not being able to listen to it, especially after tiring or stressful days at school.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]