android
Old 04-27-2009, 03:39 PM

Default P3 Showing Incorrect Disk Size.

I have an 8gb P3 but my computer only shows it as having 3.3gb of space in total. The P3 itself says 3420mb of total space. Im using the 2.10 EU firmware and havent had any problems with it. Ive got a bad feeling i have a 4gb drive in an 8gb casing if thats possible. I wanted to see what anyone else thought or if there was any solutions before going back to the store. I was really happy with it untill i discovered this.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Banned

Have you put files on it..? Try formatting it. It does sound possible what you suggest, in which case return it.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:26 PM

yea i did have files on it and have also tried formatting it but still says the same thing. i only realised when it wouldnt let me put anything else on it. Was hoping to not have to go back to the shop. ive been using it for a couple of weeks now, i hope they will still do something about it.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:31 PM
Banned

They should - if it's advertised as 8GB but only has 4. Trade Descriptions Act. Good luck with that.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:10 PM

Thanks, gonna try and get it sorted tomorow. was from argos so hopefully will be ok. It was advertised as 8gb, the box says 8gb and even the back of the player is etched with 8gb..lol. Just my bad luck i guess.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyk View Post
Thanks, gonna try and get it sorted tomorow. was from argos so hopefully will be ok. It was advertised as 8gb, the box says 8gb and even the back of the player is etched with 8gb..lol. Just my bad luck i guess.
Argos might try their luck because DAP's are excluded from their 18 day money back guarantee;and you could get stuck with some half-wit who just doesn't get what you are trying to explain; but just force the issue. I've had to take a firm line with them re computer stuff that wasn't fit for purpose.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:28 PM

With my luck id get stuck with some chavy 16 year old assistant with no clue. They will be doing something cos theres no way i paid all that money to be stuck with a 3.3gb player. i checked them online and it claims they have one in stock in most of their stores. what i would like is if they gave me a 16gb to make up for it..lol.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyk View Post
With my luck id get stuck with some chavy 16 year old assistant with no clue. They will be doing something cos theres no way i paid all that money to be stuck with a 3.3gb player. i checked them online and it claims they have one in stock in most of their stores. what i would like is if they gave me a 16gb to make up for it..lol.
An 8GB with a 16 stuck inside it lol..

Old 04-27-2009, 08:38 PM

lol.. yea doubt i could get that lucky. ill try though.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Banned

Post how you get on- just don't let them say 'Oh, we'll have to send it off to Samsung.'

Old 04-28-2009, 08:21 AM
Banned

Be interesting to see if anyone else gets a smaller-than-advertised P3.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:49 PM

haha, this story made me chuckle. as far as i have seen (and i've done quite a bit of research this week) there is no mention of a 4gig one.

don't take any jip from them, if they refuse to swap it or refund then its complete bollocks, they didn't sell you what was advertised and i'm pretty sure thats ilegal.

still, quite funny. i wonder though, what are the chances of this only hapenning to one player, there must be a whole batch like this.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffman View Post
haha, this story made me chuckle. as far as i have seen (and i've done quite a bit of research this week) there is no mention of a 4gig one.

don't take any jip from them, if they refuse to swap it or refund then its complete bollocks, they didn't sell you what was advertised and i'm pretty sure thats ilegal.

still, quite funny. i wonder though, what are the chances of this only hapenning to one player, there must be a whole batch like this.
A 4GB P3 was mentioned, originally, before they came out- but none went on sale in Britain, anyway. Samsung makes a lot of memory and must have screwed up with this one.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:00 AM

Didnt have any problems with them luckily. Just told them what was wrong with it and they swapped it for a new one. i checked that one before leaving the store, 8gb this time . I also made sure to check they had one in stock before going to the desk.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:37 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The manufacturers are putting the software and manual on the devices now instead of giving you a CD. I notice that with Samsung's Q2. Almost 3gb of crud was taking up room when I first opened it up. It could be your first one had emodio and the manual onboard, along with several demo videos and songs.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:09 AM
Banned

Glad you got that sorted..

Old 05-02-2009, 06:41 AM

Thanks Dreamnine

@ Olley. I did get an actual cd and manual with mine plus i go through and wipe any of that stuff i find. it was the about section under settings that stated the total drive space at 3.3gb. All sorted now though