android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2009, 08:22 AM
Banned

Default P3 Bluetooth battery test.

I was wondering how long the P3's battery lasted when playing music over Bluetooth, so I ran a simple test. This was pretty subjective and not everyone will get the same results.

Firmware was 2.07 EU (touch). The EQ was on and DNSE was enabled. The settings were: 4 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 3 - 8. 3D was set to 2. Bass was set to 2. Concert Hall was off. Clarity was set to 2. The master EQ was flat. Audio upscaler was off. Street mode was off. The Haptic sub-woofer was off. Volume was set to 12.

I hooked the P3 up to my bluetooth speakers, set it to shuffle and played a folder of mp3 and wma files ranging from 160 to 320 kbps some constant rate, others variable. The volume was set to 12, and , after taking a couple of photos, I left the P3 alone.

I got 18 hours and 10 minutes. This was perhaps a bit longer than I expected. Using wired phones in every day use, I maybe get 20 to 25 hours, but then the screen is on quite a bit and I'm adjusting settings. I expected Bluetooth to be even more of a drain.

As a matter of curiosity I tested my Clip to see if I would get the manufacturers suggested 15 hours and wired it up. EQ was off, volume was 15, and I played the same folder of mixed files. Result was 9 hours 15 minutes. About what I expected.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clip.jpg (33.9 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg P3 and Intempo.jpg (31.6 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by Dreamnine; 05-06-2009 at 08:59 AM. Reason: typo

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]