android
Old 05-07-2009, 05:33 PM

Default Little video

Recorded with volume at 12 and brightness at 10, then 9. Trying to practice making videos so I can do some good ones with the Q2 and P3....this is just a quick one showing some videos on the P3 that I took off youtube and the Sheep in the Island that comes with it. It's pretty crappy and shaky...sorry about that.

I was in a rush...but I'll show more in videos that I'm going to do soon...and they will lack the shakey, hand-held feature...

It's really nice that this thing has Display-Screen Size in the Menu....helps without having a video crop program.

Also the video is not choppy at all....it's completely smooth. I believe it's the transition to the digital camera and my shaky hands that are making it appear choppy at certain places. And the menu is easier to use than it seems from me doing it, I'm not very good at navigating while looking through a digital camera....

Last edited by Danjojo; 05-07-2009 at 05:52 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Use a tripod and place the camera in a stationary position focused at 1 spot on the table. This way all you need to do is keep the item being videoed in the cameras field of view.

Now, how about a "crappy" video of the Q2 (and it wasn't a crappy first attempt either)?

Old 05-07-2009, 06:46 PM

Yeah I showed my wife that I put this on here to give more of a preview than some people have got to see so far....she still scolded me and said, "we are going to get a tripod tonight!!!".

Oh well....guess that takes care of rigging the camera up to something to steady it for me.

Hopefully it shows people who haven't seen much about the P3 that even a fool like me can throw good looking youtube videos on the P3 quick and easy.

Besides I want to show how easy navigating the Q2 is for people and I definitely can't be holding the camera with one hand while trying to do that. Brain doesn't process holding camera still and swiftly maneuvering through interface at the same time.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:42 PM

DarkSide...gotta crappy Q2 video on the way just for you! Everyone beware when I get the tripod...I'm going to be a non-stop video making fool.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:59 PM

Ok this one should be a little more crappy...but tried to show some of the features for people who have been thinking about the Q2 or have one on the way...

Keep in mind half the time I was just looking at the screen...more than half. Not looking at the controls on the Q2 even through the camera. It's a lot easier, accurate, and fast than people would have you believe. I haven't even touched the Q2 in almost 24 hours as I've been throwing video on the P3 and wife's iPod Touch the whole time. Yet I can still fly through this thing very easily...

It's finishing uploading on youtube right now. If you pay attention you will see things like...

RDS - title, artist, station on the radio scrolling below

Endless scroll - unlike the P3 you start over again so you can hold down forever and ever and ever...

Recently Added & Most Played on the Music menu - Very useful, again not on the P3 currently

some more things too...it's a gem for $99-$129

Last edited by Danjojo; 05-07-2009 at 08:30 PM.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:47 PM

sorry it's not in focus 95% of the time....was a rush to get it done and get ready to head out

Old 05-08-2009, 09:53 AM

Nice videos

Old 05-08-2009, 10:15 AM

When I first saw the video I thought "wow that looks choppy". That was before I read the post....good thing I read it.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:44 PM

haha....thanks

P3 video is pretty much whatever you put on it....it's really the exact same quality in appearance as my laptop shows of whatever youtube or movie I download. The laptop has a very nice high-definition screen.

It's colors remain true in video better than the Q2 and iPod Touch as well...just ever so slightly.

Tags
p3, video, youtube