android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2009, 05:51 AM

Default Software Idea

Recently, I bought the P3 to replace my P2 (my wife got the P2 heh heh).
With the P3, I really like the memo and calendar widgets but my feeling is the emodio software does not help to use these festures!

So... as I am a software developer, I thought i'd have a go at developing a software application for the PC to help use these features better.

My idea is to have an application where you can drag and drop text, memo or calendar events into the application and the files would then be automatically copied to the correct locations on the P3.

It would also automatically convert memo text files from ansi to UTP format. And i've noticed some calendar events are not compatible with the P3 so my application would convert these.

Originally I looked at bluetoothing the files to the P3 but at the moment any file transfer via bluetooth gets sent to a location called shared data. From here, you would have to then manually move the files to there appropiate locations.

It would be really great if Samsung could change its firmware so it would move files to there correct location based on file types.

I'm developing this application for my own personal use but let me know if anyone is interested in using it or making suggestions for other features.

Paul

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]