android
Old 05-11-2009, 12:46 AM

Default Video Troubles!

Just today I got my Samsung P3 (At Fry's, in Black 16GB, last one :P) but I can't seem to get ANY types of videos to work 0.0
I've tried MP4, Avi, Flv, WMV, etc. I am also on firmware V 2.10, so I have no idea whats wrong with it/me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I just remembered, I wasn't previously using a converter of any sorts (other then to make the file Mp4, WMV, etc...). Is that it?

Thanks a lot.

(By the way, does this go to the Video section or is it alright in the General section? I'm thinking Video, but people check General more, so, eh, it's a tactic I guess.)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-11-2009, 01:50 AM

Tactic or not, people would've answered . I am kinda assuming you're just renaming extensions? If am wrong, I apologise but if I am not you should be converting your files to avi's or wmv's or mp4's using a converter depending on what type of video you need.
Also remember that the P3 does not play flv's(at the mo). Have fun!

Old 05-11-2009, 08:52 AM

I originally couldn't get some XviD videos to play but realized I wasn't running 2.10 yet. Upgraded to 2.10 and it's played every XviD file I've thrown at it with no conversion necessary.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:45 AM

yup...2.10 works fine...
never noticed it before Digital Assassin, we seem to share the exact same P3 config

Old 05-11-2009, 01:36 PM

yeah, never had a video not play except one DVD i ripped because the resolution was 1024 x something or other. Are you ripping DVDs? Or are they downloaded videos. Because seriously most videos should at least play, even if they are a bit stuttery...

Old 05-11-2009, 03:04 PM

All the videos say they're in the wrong format on the computer screen, or the P3 itself. Even WMV wouldn't work according to the computer! Gah! Everything seems right, but they just won't work.

EDIT: WOW, I got them to work (MP4 format). The computer says they won't play, but they do! Thanks for the support :P

./end thread

Last edited by Crimson Raven; 05-11-2009 at 03:21 PM.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:20 PM

Gese dude, I'm stuck for ideas. Do the cheesey stock videos that come pre-loaded on the P3 work? Have you been downloading from a particular service, which may 'protect' the videos (if that even exists...) tried using 2.07 to see if you got a dodgy version of 2.10 (they have very similar video capabilities?

If you have a program like Super or Gom Encoder, check the resolution of the videos, if they are more than 800 x 600 they won't play. Thats the only time I personally have known a video not to play, except for a BBC iPlayer video, which was timer protected...

Sorry this post probably wasn't much help. Maybe give 2.07 a try if you haven't already, just to rule some stuff out. It can be downloaded in the firmware section on ABI.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:46 PM

Rob, the movies were from Youtube, but I don't know, maybe there's something wrong with my computer to the P3. Anyway, trouble resolved!

Old 05-11-2009, 03:50 PM
Banned

If you're using Emodio at all, you can get a message saying the vid won't play, when in fact it will.

Old 05-11-2009, 04:26 PM

I personally don't use Emodio. For video files I drag and drop and nearly every one I transfer will throw up a message saying 'The file --------.avi has one or more properties outside of device limits. If possible, use a media program that can convert the file before copying it...' and a bit more info saying it may not appear on the P3 interface.

They all do though and play ok...

I had to update firmware on day 1 though to 2.10...