android
Old 05-11-2009, 11:49 AM

Default P3 TouchScreen

Does it ahve a better touch responce then the p2 since I was thinking of getting it but need to know if the touch is more responsive. Also like the P2 it kind of lagged is it the same?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-11-2009, 12:10 PM

Have a look at this thread.. http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41412
kinda detailed.. also the earliest posts in the P3 forum have loads of P2 owners giving opinions.

I use the 16GB P3 and I've updated to firmware version 2.10. I find it responsive enough, when compared to the tough, you'll see that the touch's coverflow and stuff is smoother but the sound quality of the P3 beats the touch hands down.. have fun choosing!

Old 05-11-2009, 01:26 PM

the itouch definitely wins hands down for touch screen functionality, and it has wi fi, but don't forget the P3 is priced similar to a nano, and is much cheaper than the touch. The P3 still has a good touch screen and a generally well designed UI, plus some good user created interfaces are cropping up here and there. As well as all there are all the other advantages of choosing a non-apple player.

good luck on your search.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:45 PM

Well the P3 has a capacitive touch screen which is generally better than a resistive type found on the P2. Sure you wouldn't be able to use a pen, pencil, stylus, or even your gloved hand, but the touch screen is of better quality and responsiveness.

Also note that depending on what firmware you are using has an effect on the touch responsiveness as well as an option to turn off the background when not at the main menu to speed up the scrolling and reduce the lag you feel can vary by opinion and preference.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:47 PM

is the p3's screen more durable/ scratch resistant than the itouch?

Old 05-11-2009, 07:25 PM

Oh yes, it is more than durable. If you would like to see how durable this durable is click on the news tab up there and scroll down till you see "Glass Screen Durability Test: A Lesson on the Mohs Hardness Scale" and check out the videos on te mp3 players he tested. It's really quite cool to see how much a glass screen can take.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:47 PM

I like how the thread starter didn't mention the ipod touch at all and the following posts are comparing the two players

Old 05-11-2009, 07:55 PM

well it still has to do w/ the p3's screen xD

Old 05-12-2009, 03:55 AM

"but need to know if the touch is more responsive", well I took that to mean the ipod touch...hence my answeres which might've triggered the comparison, which is valid methinks, cos a lot of people want to know how different it is..