android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P3

Old 05-13-2009, 05:51 PM

Wink Spoke with Samsung about P3, and received email about P3 release date

Ok, so I couldn't stand to wait any longer. I went to Best Buy and they had NO idea what I was talking about. I called Samsung, and was told by technical support that the P3 IS available now in 32, 16, and 8 GB from Wal-Mart, Sears, and Best Buy.

I also got an email from them saying that the 16 and 8 gb are available from B&H but not the 32. Sounds like they need to get their act together!!!!!!! I am still waiting to hear back on a release date on the 32 gb.

If they can't give me a date pretty soon, I may have to go with the Cowon S9.

Shame, because from what I can tell I really prefer the Samsung UI and the mono speaker on the Samsung is a big, big selling point for me. It's just to handy when checking music and video.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-13-2009, 05:53 PM

Help

Oh, yeah, can someone tell me what 32 bit means? This is a copy of the reply on email that Samsung gave me.

Thank you for contacting Samsung.

the 32 gb is not yet availible but the 32 bit is here is a link wehere you can see the online retailers that we know are selling it

http://www.samsung.com/us/function/d..._name=YP-P3JES

Samsung would like to thank you for your feedback and welcome any future comments and concerns that might better assist us in the future.

If you have further questions in regards to this issue, feel free to write back or if you would prefer live support, please call 1-800-SAMSUNG. Please have your model and serial number ready.

I find the punctuation and spelling errors to be unprofessional, and I am left wondering, "What is 32 bit?"

Can someone help me out with this?

Old 05-13-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigijen22 View Post
the 32 gb is not yet availible but the 32 bit is here
This makes absolutely no sense. I assume their underpaid Indian helpdesk slaves are overworked.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:12 PM

they're trippin

Old 05-13-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigijen22 View Post
I called Samsung, and was told by technical support that the P3 IS available now in 32, 16, and 8 GB from Wal-Mart, Sears, and Best Buy.
Wonder if that is true

Old 05-13-2009, 08:59 PM

I don't know, but I doubt it. I asked if I could just order one from them, but they said they don't have a retail department; they only do sales from retail stores.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingmonkee View Post
Wonder if that is true
Well I have yet to see one in any of these stores here in Tennessee for sale, so I would assume that Samsung guy either had his facts wrong or maybe the stores are wrong. Either way, they need to get here, and 32 gigs would be nice.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:27 PM

I checked a portland, OR bestbuy, and a sears in WA state and nothing....

Last edited by pcman; 05-14-2009 at 02:43 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 05-14-2009, 07:15 AM

Columbia SC Best Buy pulled all the P2s but when I asked them about the P3 last week they didn't even know what I was talking about or when they were getting them. So as of last week still nothing in the deep south, and Wal-Mart certainly does NOT have them.

Grey

Old 05-16-2009, 11:45 PM

There's a 32gb on eBay...

Old 06-26-2009, 08:37 PM

Unhappy Can't Find it For Nothing!

@GreyWaarden

Thanks for clearing that up. I live in Columbia, SC also and I went into Best Buy on Decker and they said they stopped selling Samsung products. The closest stores that sell them are in Aiken and Greenville. I would really like this because my P2 is about to die (I'm a clumsy person, you see) and my birthday is coming up anyway. My dad says that if he will buy it from amazon.com or bestbuy.com but since Best Buy is out of the question, I'll just have to wait for Amazon to have some more in stock since they are empty right now.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:09 PM

Ill tell you this right now...the speaker on the P3 is amazing! I started using it more then my the headphones that came with them. they perform great on low's, middle's and high's.

WAAYYYY better speakers then the iTard Touch.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
This makes absolutely no sense. I assume their underpaid Indian helpdesk slaves are overworked.
That made my day. Too bad quotes arn't allowed in our sigs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3-Tracker View Post
Ill tell you this right now...the speaker on the P3 is amazing! I started using it more then my the headphones that came with them. they perform great on low's, middle's and high's.

WAAYYYY better speakers then the iTard Touch.

Agree completely. Its fun to bother people with xD

About the ones in Wal-Marts. I went to Wal-Mart a couple days ago, did not see any P3's or Samsung players at all for that matter. More than likely they are being sold on the online store. It's weird because I could have sworn the Wal-Mart here sold Samsungs along with the Philips, iTards and Zunes....

Old 07-01-2009, 10:57 AM

No Kidding I even checked Walmart's website, and came up with nothing. I agree with dfkt, the only 32-bit I've ever heard of is Vista compatibility with the 32-bit system, but to confuse a compatibility with flash memory ranks pretty high on the botch-up meter. I think you should write them back and be like, Uh, what the hell is 32 bit?
"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some principles in his nature, which interest him in the fortunes of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it..." - Adam Smith

Old 07-01-2009, 11:53 AM

maybe it means that the operating system is the equivelant of a 32 bit vista operating system

Old 07-02-2009, 08:49 PM

Default weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindacullens View Post
@GreyWaarden

Thanks for clearing that up. I live in Columbia, SC also and I went into Best Buy on Decker and they said they stopped selling Samsung products. The closest stores that sell them are in Aiken and Greenville. I would really like this because my P2 is about to die (I'm a clumsy person, you see) and my birthday is coming up anyway. My dad says that if he will buy it from amazon.com or bestbuy.com but since Best Buy is out of the question, I'll just have to wait for Amazon to have some more in stock since they are empty right now.
What!?!?!? Samsung is one of the major player in products, i guess they are doing bad in MP3 regions.... do you know why they said they stopped selling Samsung products?

Old 07-03-2009, 11:53 AM

@chltmdwp

I don't really know why. On the Best Buy website, they only display 12 Samsung mp3 players but in the store, there are none.

Old 07-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Ultra Senior Member

BestBuy has only so much display space for MP3 players. The P2s were on display last year, but my local BB clerks never new anything about them. They would simply point customers to the iPods, an easy sell. This year the S3 and Q2 are on display, with no P3 in site. I believe any buyer walking cold into a BB to buy an MP3 player would be unimpressed with the stock, un-updated P2 and spend that $200 on a 16gb Nano instead. BestBuy learns from it's past sales records, and if they didn't sell many P2s they would assume P3s wouldn't sell either.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:27 AM

i was looking around and i found the dell site is selling the p3's. wat do u guys make of this? plz reply i really wanna get my hands on a p3, my p2 is falling apart (literally) and i need a new player but im willing to wait for the p3 thanks in advanced

http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?...at=all&x=3&y=7

Old 07-10-2009, 10:52 AM

I received my P3 from Dell about a 1 week ago. When I ordered it was out of stock but I couldn't pass off the sale price of $150 for the silver 16gb version. I received it in about 2 weeks after ordering it. You should buy it from Dell without any worries if you're buying the silver 16gb or black 8gb. The black 16gb has been out of stock for long while now so you should call them or chat with a sales representative about it.

Tags
p3, samsung