android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze

Old 05-14-2009, 02:35 PM

Default Volume on left side lower then right side with all headphones! V2 newest firmware.

Hi. I just got a sansa fuze two weeks ago. Traded it back one week ago for same headphones and fuze. But now i have a problem.

The volume on the left side is lower then the right side. I don't know if its because i've fallen asleep listening to my fuze and might have rolled over it while sleeping or something (can that cause sound imperfections?) and i was wondering, what's the worst thing thats ever happened to your fuze and did it still work? And can it be fixed?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-14-2009, 06:09 PM

Sounds like a headphone problem, try another pair and see if you still have an issue.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:20 AM

1. Try the headphones on another device to see if they have the same problem.

2. Reverse the headphones (right phone in left ear, etc.) to make sure your hearing isn't going wonky.

3. Return/RMA the Fuze if you're sure that's where the problem is. You could have bent a contact in the earphone jack by rolling over on it so the signal isn't getting across 100%. Unlikely but not impossible. You could try fixing it but you'll more likely wreck your Fuze and you WILL void the warranty. If you bought it this recently I'd say just take it back for an exchange.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:31 AM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Probably a bad wire in the headphones or the player. Figure out which and return them.

Old 05-15-2009, 01:25 AM

any way i can see from the outside into the headphone jack and see if the wire is bent? And what is the probability of the wire getting bent from rolling over on it?

Old 05-16-2009, 06:50 AM

if you have established that it happens with all headphones and that the side which is lower volume is consistent if you put the headphones on the other way round (i.e. that it isn't your ears) then the player is faulty, just return it. doesn't matter what's wrong with it.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:22 AM

Exact same thing is happening to me. I noticed it about two weeks ago, but I thought it was my left ear being odd (Had gone to a Very loud concert recently, so I wouldn't have been surprised =P). But I tried My 4 other pairs of headphones (I have a bit of a headphone fetish.... Shut up, don't judge me.) And all of them are the same. About 80-90% output in the left speaker.

Haven't slept on in as the original poster has. But I do have it in my pocket everyday, so it very easily could have been knocked around once or twice.

I plan on taking it back this coming Saturday (Bought it at a local Future shop. Though I don't know why, as I don't like Future shop =\). As I've only had it for approximately 2 months, it's easily still covered by the three year warranty (Extended warranty ftw).

The fact that this has happened more than once, leads me to believe this is a design problem, or quality problem with something inside the device. Which honestly makes me a little hesitant to get another one and not return it for the cash.

As this is the first time it's happened, I'll more then likely get it replaced/repaired. But if it happens again..... That'll probably be the last time I ever buy one. (Same thing happened with my old koss UR29 headphones. The connector broke twice, after all of a week of use each time, and after that they got chucked, and I haven't touched the brand since.)