android
Old 05-15-2009, 12:37 PM

Default How does the P3 feel in the hand

The title says the most of it . My previous player was Creative ZEN(I've lost it ) and every time I was holding it in my hands I had the feeling that I'm going to drop it . And when my mum took it in her hands , she felt the same thing ! So I wanted to ask the P3 owners how do they feel the P3 in their hands . Another problem with the ZEN was that I was scared to put it in my pocket because I was scared that it could brake easily . Therefore I bought a veery bulky case and the ZEN lost its beauty . So that's the second question - do you feel the same about the P3 ? TIA

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-15-2009, 01:03 PM

I assume your talking about the new Zen?
The P3 feels very good. Its not super ergonomic, but my normal sized hands navigate it fine, including the tactile buttons on top (using my index finger). The player is heavier than it looks, but in a good way. It feels quite a bit like a high quality mobile phone. Most people on the street will probably think it is a phone.

Old 05-15-2009, 01:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'll let you know when mine shows up. If it's roughly the same as the P2 then it should be a fine fit in the hand. It won't be glossy like the P2 was so that may contribute to a less "slippery"
sensation.

Old 05-15-2009, 01:41 PM

I've just moved from a Zen to a P3 and it definitely feels much less 'toyish'. A big part of that is the P3 is metal and glass so it has a much heavier, more stable feel. Definitely feels more 'safe' holding it versus the Zen.

I bought a case for my Zen for the exact same reasons you stated. Not that I plan on throwing my P3 around but it seems to have much better build quality. I don't plan on even looking for a case for the P3, although I'm looking around trying to find a velvet-ish type drawstring pouch I can throw it in when I'm throwing it in my laptop bag to head home just to protect it from the multitude of other things in my bag. Anyone have any suggestions?

Old 05-15-2009, 01:53 PM
Banned

Aesthetically, it feels good. The metal and glass give it a luxurious, high-end feel.

Old 05-15-2009, 01:58 PM

P3 feels solid thats for sure, and the glass screen means less scratchy scratch! All contributes to the added weight thats for sure. I had a quick play with the Zen in a shop and man, it felt cheap. This player feels a million bucks by comparison. Coming from a Zen you'll find the P3 kicks serious butt. Right now you can pre-order the 32gb P3 for the same price as a 32gb Zen (150 quid)

Old 05-15-2009, 01:58 PM

Thanks for your fast replies . I'm completely satisfied with your answers . Thanks