android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P3

Old 05-17-2009, 05:57 PM

Default How big of a difference will I hear coming from a ipod nano 1st gen?

I'm curious just how much difference there is in sound quality. I have decent/good earbuds (Sony MDR-EX300) and the nano sound pretty good with them but I'm really curious how they will sound with the P3.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-17-2009, 06:16 PM

Well, I can only use my girlfriends 3g iPod 20giga for reference, but you will notice a difference. It won't be night and day. The DSNe enhancements will be the biggest factor. Second by the overall clarity. But man, quality customizable EQs are enough of an enhancement to make a player sound much better IMO (which the p3 has)...

Old 05-17-2009, 07:15 PM
Banned

Yeah- the P3's sound enhancements are really good. Even Jasmine from Cnet said it was about the best-sounding DAP she had heard.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:06 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The nano (4th gen) has one thing the P3 doesn't have.... Gapless playback. If that happens to be at the top of your list, then you'll be annoyed by the P3. Sound quality perception is subjective and personal. You should listen to both.

What you get with a P3 (8gb for $149) vs a nano (8gb for $149) is a 3" touchscreen, FM radio with recording, voice recording, bluetooth game play, bluetooth phone pairing, bluetooth file transfer, bluetooth headphones (x2), and broader codec support.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
The nano (4th gen) has one thing the P3 doesn't have.... Gapless playback. If that happens to be at the top of your list, then you'll be annoyed by the P3. Sound quality perception is subjective and personal. You should listen to both.

What you get with a P3 (8gb for $149) vs a nano (8gb for $149) is a 3" touchscreen, FM radio with recording, voice recording, bluetooth game play, bluetooth phone pairing, bluetooth file transfer, bluetooth headphones (x2), and broader codec support.
Don't forget the FM tuner W/RDS, and this is without buying anything extra.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:32 AM

I've directly compared a 4th gen nano and an ipodtouch's sound to a P3 using Sennheiser CX300's. My opinion is that the P3 provides better quality for high bit rate mp3's, much better than the ipod touch or the nano, both of which sound a bit pedestrian compared to the P3.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:49 AM

I put a few mp3s on my blackberry curve and I can a difference in it and my nano...in favor of the curve.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Same here, as the BlackBerry Storm I have totally blows away my Touch in the SQ arena.