android
Old 05-19-2009, 07:26 PM

Default Where have all the P3's gone?

So After seeing the P3 on futureshop.ca and bestbuy.ca websites, my gf was about to snap one up for me birthday. So we go back to the two websites and it is completely gone. It doesn't say that its out of stock, it is not on the website.

So we go to futureshop and they say that samsung mp3 players are not selling and they are not going to stock them anymore. Now I don't trust a futureshop sales person as far as I can throw them, but there wasn't even a place holder for the P3. There isn't a Samsung dealer according to the website even remotely close to me.

So when will I get my P3?

My Reviews

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-19-2009, 07:50 PM

maybe samsung wants to have an official release date? and have a major advertising campain b4 then?

Old 05-19-2009, 09:29 PM

It's probably the ipod lovers. there just flat out more popular even if, IMO, they are inferior. I think a big issue is that none of the competitors really have a place or HQ in America, that's why none of their products are selling.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Target has started selling the Q2 and S3. They've got room for a P3 in the same peg column. Those three would be a great set, with a 4gb S3 at $49ish, the Q2 8gb at $99 ($79 at the moment) and the P3 8gb at $149. One for each pricepoint, with clear improvements as the price goes up. Then they could offer the 16gb P3 on their web site.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:17 PM

I think I just saw 8gb & 16 gb P3 on B&H yesterday...
There's also a 32gb on eBay

Old 05-20-2009, 12:03 AM

Yes, it is on B&H, but it is SPECIAL ORDER. Not in stock for 7-14 days.

The ebay ones are hugely overpriced.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:13 AM

its all those apple fanboys working in futureshop and bestbuy, they are sabotaging everything non apple.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:02 AM

The whole availability thing is just weird. I happened to see a post about Fry's having them in stock a few weeks ago and checked their website a couple of times and happened to snag a 16GB about 2 minutes before they went out of stock. Sounds like I'm really lucky I got it.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:48 AM

Hughesdirect were selling 16 giggers in the UK through amazon, I wrote a review for 'em and checked back 2 days after I bought it to see if my review'd come through on amazon and no 16giggers were available!!!

Update - 16GB P3's back on amazon.co.uk - 129.99 quid... cant go wrong

Last edited by ananth; 05-25-2009 at 05:27 AM.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost in the machine View Post
So After seeing the P3 on futureshop.ca and bestbuy.ca websites, my gf was about to snap one up for me birthday. So we go back to the two websites and it is completely gone. It doesn't say that its out of stock, it is not on the website.

So we go to futureshop and they say that samsung mp3 players are not selling and they are not going to stock them anymore. Now I don't trust a futureshop sales person as far as I can throw them, but there wasn't even a place holder for the P3. There isn't a Samsung dealer according to the website even remotely close to me.

So when will I get my P3?
i went to futureshop a few days ago and saw one on display. the CSR told me it was the last one and that FS was no longer going to carry it. the weird thing is, the mp3 player has barely come out for 2 months

Old 05-25-2009, 11:21 AM

i hate crap like this honest to god, i was gonna get my new p3 to finally take my dead p2 over since i worked the whole long weekend, so all i have now is...wait...why isn't archos getting removed, more ppl buy stuff like the p3 over the archos 5..anyway, now my futureshop only has the zunes....a philips player and of course the ipod...god i can't believe it...and i don't have a credit card for buying online too :/

Old 05-29-2009, 09:48 PM

Yeah...I've recently just found out about the P3 (about 2 weeks)...if only I found out about it ~2 months earlier!!! Haha, stuff like this sucks...I live in Canada btw.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:58 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm not sure if this works in any other country, but on the U.S. site, at the very bottom, there is a link to "find local retailers" I was shocked when I put in my zip code and it found a store within 95 miles. It listed the store's phone number and showed it's location on a map. I called the store and they did indeed have a few P3s in stock.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:30 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Give me online, or give me death!!!! Well, I just refuse to travel so far from my house is all (lazy bastard syndrome). A 32gb P3, maybe, 8gb or 16gb,....... hell no!!!

Old 05-30-2009, 10:24 AM

There are 3 stores with in 95 miles away from me, but thats just too far, and I know non of them are the 32gb versions so nevermind.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:35 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy Bad View Post
There are 3 stores with in 95 miles away from me, but thats just too far, and I know non of them are the 32gb versions so nevermind.
This is true, as the dealer finder doesn't specifically locate a store selling the P3, it locates sellers of Samsung products in general.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:13 PM

God knows what Samsung is thinking...at least there should be more online retailers? Sure, the ipod fanboys at FS and BB can sabotage the stores...but where are the online retailers?

Old 05-30-2009, 11:15 PM

Lol, my father and I drove three and a half HOURS to get to the nearest Fry's to pick up my P3. All in all, it was a very long trip, but I gotta say, it was totally worth it. I always play the music out-loud (at my house of course...not in public). And I am...nearly, if not, 100% satisfied with the P3. But seriously, where DID all the P3s go? They were supposed to be out within the first week of May...so much for that. I'd go nearly insane if I hadn't got my P3. :P

Old 06-15-2009, 10:17 AM

Seriously, where have all the P3's gone.. tried amazon.co.uk and hughesdirect to get one for a friend, everyone seems to be outta stock!?

Old 06-15-2009, 03:59 PM

I thought I read somewhere that Apple has been buying the majority of the manufactured flash memory thus leaving others (like Samsung) high and dry.