android
Old 05-24-2009, 01:36 AM

Default question about P3 EQ

is there an eq setting that raises vocals?
i feel like the vocals on my p3 could be abit louder, or clearer

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-24-2009, 05:09 AM
Banned

The middle bars on the equaliser should do that. Also, have Clarity set at 1 or 2.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:44 PM

Clarity does, amongst other things. If not, go for the 5 - 7 k region on the EQ

Sorry for the offish topic, but Dreamnine, how do the Grado's sound with the P3? Do u amp? I always thought the grados had very foward, even aggressive vocals? I been wanting to pick up a pair for ages n ages, but now I'm leaning towards the Alessandro MS1s...

Old 05-24-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjrock View Post
Clarity does, amongst other things. If not, go for the 5 - 7 k region on the EQ

Sorry for the offish topic, but Dreamnine, how do the Grado's sound with the P3? Do u amp? I always thought the grados had very foward, even aggressive vocals? I been wanting to pick up a pair for ages n ages, but now I'm leaning towards the Alessandro MS1s...
rob, I have a a pair of the MS-1's and to be very honest they sound flat if directly connected to the P3. Compared to when I have them hooked up to my stereo system, the P3's do not get most of their deserved quality out of the P3. I suggest to maybe purchase an amp if you want the MS-1's. They are great headphones, but just to be clear, I much rather wear earphones on the P3 than the MS-1's.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:19 PM
Banned

The grados sound great- I don't bother with an amp but I find myself putting the bass up quite a bit.. With the volume at 22, they're certainly loud enough. I havn't noticed the vocals being forward particularly but I would describe the sound as fairly 'bright.'
I have 3D set at 1 with these and I don't bother with it on my other phones.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:34 PM
Banned

Having them, though, makes me realise that to get that kind of sound quality in an iem I'd need to get the SE530 or some Westones or something that would cost a hell of a lot, basically.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:55 PM

Nevermind!
I just played around with my DNSe and I must say, when changing the clarity, 3d, base and some other settings, the MS-1's have become incredibly rich and detailed. I am somewhat embarrassed, but I must admit I have completely missed the myDNSe feature. Rob, the MS-1's are great indeed. Dreamnine thanks for pointing me towards my DNSe!

Old 05-24-2009, 07:01 PM

Thanks guys, agreed with the P3 on normal / flat EQ / no DSNe etc it is very very flat (not necessarily a bad thing, just a tad 'boring'). The other day I plugged my phonaks into my Sansa Clip (which I've barely used since I got the P3) and realised the sound was great, while the P3 really did need a little EQing at least.

I can see from what I've read the grado's are 'lively' therefore might suit a very flat sound (P3) while the MS1s are more nuetral / laid-back and would need a more lively source (Clip, P3 + DSNe) - Of course I can still only speculate...

Old 05-24-2009, 07:08 PM
Banned

'Airy' and 'Open' are words which come to mind.. listening to Iggy Pop-Lust For Life atm sounds superb..

Old 05-25-2009, 04:20 AM

Airy and open are two words I like to hear. Still, gotta just settle with my KSC75s for the mo' (and my phonaks o'course)