android
Old 05-28-2009, 02:01 AM

Default P3 and ear/headphones-help needed :D

Hi all, I need some help here.
Currently, for my P3, I use my main headphone, which is the Alessandro MS-1 series. I really really love the sound that comes from these cans when hooked up to the P3. However, when I am doing my walks (exercises) it is very difficult to take with me the MS-1. Besides looking very silly, it is also neither handy. I am thinking of getting the Sennheiser CX-300, but am very worried that they might lack in sound. I am hoping that this thread might aspire members to share with us their experiences with their respected ear/headphones, and sort of be a good guiding thread for new members to read through.

Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-28-2009, 06:13 AM

for their price, the cx300's are great, but, well i have been using them for the last 2 years, and whilst they are better than your average iem's, their not amazing. my brother paid about 50 for a pair (not sure what they are though) and the quality was noticibly higher in them.

basicly, what i'm saying is, i don't know how good a quality you are used to with you ms-1's (i don't know that much about phones) or how big an audiphile you are, for the average person the cx-300's will sound real nice but if you are used to good quality then they might just sound average. it also depends on how much you are willing to pay, there is a noticible difference between the 15 mark and the 40/50 mark

i am looking for a slight upgrade from the cx-300's as mine died, any suggestions will be appreciated, i am looking at the cx-500's but dunno if their worth the price difference.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:16 AM

CX300's are good only if you're stationary while you're listening to stuff. If you're going to be walking you'll hear a thump everytime you put your foot down, worse if you're running..

Old 05-28-2009, 06:21 AM
Banned

They're good, a little bass-heavy- only suitable really for when you're stationary (on a train, for example) or aren't moving much due to microphonics. I prefer to hear what's going on around me when I'm outside.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:49 AM

It'll be a solid choice if you went for the Yuin PK. Out of all the earbuds I've went through, the PK3s were simply amazing for price. I got it for $60AUS/$40 US and damn, these little bastards surprised me. (:

Old 05-28-2009, 11:09 AM
Banned

Or check out those Klipsch that they're raving about at mp3 insider.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:29 AM

yeah, compared to MS1s any low cost IEM is gonna be a bit of a shock. But it just depends where your priorities lay - price or quality. I can only say good things about the phonaks but then again, they set me back 110, but retail for 125.

if shopping for CX300, EP630s or other popular budget IEMs make sure u buy from a reputable dealer, there are tonnes of fakes.

I have a pair of 8 SoundMagic Pl12s - they sound good with a bit serious of modding, but you can say goodbye to treble, and they are far from analytical. PL30s are another cheap option.

Klipsch Custom 2s on sale on Amazon for under 60 - good midprice option.

RE2s available for 49 USD plus free Fiio E5 (www.head-direct.com) - I'm actually thinking of picking up a pair of these. Additional postage if you live outside USA though... Some people reckon these are better than Etymotic ER6i - and half the price.

While we're on the topic, anyone tried iGrados with the P3?