android
Old 06-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gebal View Post
If anything, the next big move will be from Creative, which will be a real pain for Samsung as they have a similar price and 'respect' segment.
That would surprise me, given that their most recent offering, the Zen MX, seems to be a stripped down version of the Zen, supporting fewer codecs. They seem to be on life support....

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-10-2009, 09:13 AM

it seems like they have been for a while

Old 06-10-2009, 09:14 AM
Banned

I think Creative will go bust soon.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:19 AM

Wouldn't opening up the P3 to modding for the whole world and add app developement and widget developement etc make the P3 a larger contender?

I've always had the impression that Samsung is leaving the rest of the world high and dry with the P3 thus doesn't affect the market share outside of Korea imo.

Granted it hasn't been long since the western relase of the P3 but the P3 has been out in the world for quite awhile, so they could have built up a bank of stuff for world release time, yet have not. Instead they seem to ignore the rest of the world.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCat39 View Post
Wouldn't opening up the P3 to modding for the whole world and add app developement and widget developement etc make the P3 a larger contender?

I've always had the impression that Samsung is leaving the rest of the world high and dry with the P3 thus doesn't affect the market share outside of Korea imo.

Granted it hasn't been long since the western relase of the P3 but the P3 has been out in the world for quite awhile, so they could have built up a bank of stuff for world release time, yet have not. Instead they seem to ignore the rest of the world.
Cowon seem to have a similar policy: let the Koreans get all the good stuff! Would love to see more widgets / themes / mods coming from the rest of the world. Obviously its their base market, and the P3 still rules, but it'd be nice...

Old 06-11-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjrock View Post
Cowon seem to have a similar policy: let the Koreans get all the good stuff! Would love to see more widgets / themes / mods coming from the rest of the world. Obviously its their base market, and the P3 still rules, but it'd be nice...
Their loss I guess. It's a sad policy to have in my opinion.