android
Old 06-02-2009, 01:19 AM

Default Fitting video to full screen.

As most of you already know, most movies are sized for widescreen format but I have some entourage episodes that my friend game me that fit perfectly on my fuze. They are 4:3 ratio I believe. How can I zoom into the movies that I have converted on my fuze that are 16:3 ratio? If I cannot zoom in so I can fill the whole screen, what other program can I use to resize the video before I send it to SMC? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-01-2010, 10:09 AM

You can't do that without ruining the picture, I would not recommend doing what you are talking about here. You can either stretch the picture or cut off the sides, the later of which is how we get movies on home video in "full screen."
EDIT: Sorry, I didn't look at the date on this post and realize it was so old, my apologies.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:48 PM

Ruining the picture! You've got to be kidding! The screen is only 1.9-inches! In any case, this is what I'm doing to get my movies (already converted from original DVDs using FairUse Wizard 2 and stored on my hard drive) to fit the screen. I run the movie through XMedia Recode. Start XMedia Recode; Open the required movie; use the following settings: SanDisk, SanDisk Sansa Fuze (avi), Filter Resolution-Video Size 224x176, Aspect ratio 4:3, Zoom Pan Scan; typically, I use the defaults for all the other settings. Then click on Add Job and Encode. After conversion run the file through the Sansa Media Converter to add it to the Sansa Fuze. The quality is acceptable for emergency situations (eg, waiting in a hospital emergency room, etc); in addition, I would avoid trying to convert any movies that include a lot of quick movements!

Update: A simpler approach is to download and install FuzeVidz and then drag-and-drop your movie onto of the required CMD file; after conversion, just drag-and-drop directly onto your Sansa Fuze. See the Sansa Fuze SanDisk forum for more information (Link: http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/boar...cending&page=3)

Last edited by writedoc; 03-07-2010 at 06:56 AM.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by writedoc View Post
Ruining the picture! You've got to be kidding! The screen is only 1.9-inches! In any case, this is what I'm doing to get my movies (already converted from original DVDs using FairUse Wizard 2 and stored on my hard drive) to fit the screen. I run the movie through XMedia Recode. Start XMedia Recode; Open the required movie; use the following settings: SanDisk, SanDisk Sansa Fuze (avi), Filter Resolution-Video Size 224x176, Aspect ratio 4:3, Zoom Pan Scan; typically, I use the defaults for all the other settings. Then click on Add Job and Encode. After conversion run the file through the Sansa Media Converter to add it to the Sansa Fuze. The quality is acceptable for emergency situations (eg, waiting in a hospital emergency room, etc); in addition, I would avoid trying to convert any movies that include a lot of quick movements!
Ahh thanks for the heads-up. I've just started using Xmedia on a recommendation from someone in the Sansa View forum. It does a good job of conversion but I guess you still have to run it through SMC because I was getting 'unsupported file format' errors when I tried to play the converted Xmedia video. I'm still trying to find a 1 step solution to video conversion for my v1 Fuze!, aside from using Rockbox.