android
Old 06-10-2009, 10:03 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Most people get so adapted to the last player they owned that any new one will sound "worse" to their ears. If you've been listening to a PSP then anything that doesn't sound like your PSP will take a while to adapt to. Your hearing is just like your sight. It adapts to the surroundings/conditions, and does so in a way that we don't even realize it.

To give the P3 a fair chance: STOP listening to your PSP; Make sure the music you've put on the P3 is the best bitrate/codec you've got; Invest in some decent headphones as the ones included are crap, or at least use the same headphones you were using with your PSP. Now spend a month letting your ears learn a few things, and improve your overall music experience.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-10-2009, 11:51 AM

P3 with In-Ear Headphones are Awesome!

Old 06-10-2009, 01:29 PM

yeah, I really wanna get a nice pair of in-ear phones for my p3

Old 06-10-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
Most people get so adapted to the last player they owned that any new one will sound "worse" to their ears. If you've been listening to a PSP then anything that doesn't sound like your PSP will take a while to adapt to. Your hearing is just like your sight. It adapts to the surroundings/conditions, and does so in a way that we don't even realize it.

To give the P3 a fair chance: STOP listening to your PSP; Make sure the music you've put on the P3 is the best bitrate/codec you've got; Invest in some decent headphones as the ones included are crap, or at least use the same headphones you were using with your PSP. Now spend a month letting your ears learn a few things, and improve your overall music experience.
Thanks for the comment, i will spend more time letting my ears adapt to the P3

Old 06-10-2009, 04:10 PM

Funny because I did not have to adapt when going from Zen to P3. The P3 just sounded sooo much better

Old 06-13-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme9040 View Post
my psp sounds better than my P3 when i listen to songs. i messed around with the P3 sound enhancements and the sound quality improves a little. the psp has different tone qualities: Heavy, Pop, Jazz, Unique. when i use Unique, the bass sounds better and i get a fuller, richer sound using the Denon AH-C551K headphones.
o.O
Are you serious ?
Cus' personally I found the sound quality was much better with DNSe enabled on the P3 than any of the SE's the PSP has.