android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2009, 07:34 PM

Default Two dead s9 32gb. Reset does not fix it.

So I received my first 32gb s9 a few weeks ago. While happily transferring my music to it (using rsync in linux), it stopped responding. The screen went black, and power cycling/using the reset button did nothing. I chalked this up to bad luck, sent it back and got a new replacement.

The replacement just died in the exact same manner, although I was lucky enough to actually get to use it for about two weeks. These s9's were not abused at all aside from being transferred between my car and desk via my pocket. Windows machines refuse to recognize the devices at all. In linux I get the following output in dmesg.

Code:
usb 1-4: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 43
usb 1-4: config 1 interface 0 altsetting 0 bulk endpoint 0x82 has invalid maxpacket 64 
usb 1-4: config 1 interface 0 altsetting 0 bulk endpoint 0x1 has invalid maxpacket 64
usb 1-4: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
Both times, just before the s9 stopped responding, rsync reported filesystem I/O errors. I power cycled the s9, reattached it via usb (no I'm not using a hub), and the screen would stay black.

So, now I'm questioning the build quality of the 32gb s9. Should I bother trying another one? Or is it possibly something I'm doing?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]