android
Old 06-11-2009, 04:27 PM

Default iHome Table Radio for Zune compatible with S60?

Hello - I have a Gigabeat S60 that I'm desperately trying to match to some sort of speaker dock/radio which will also charge the S60 (so that I don't have to tether the S60 with the AC adapter in an ugly mess of wires).

I recently came across this link to an iHome speaker dock/radio for Zunes:
http://www.ihomeaudio.com/products.a...id=1006#100252

I remember reading in another Gigabeat forum that the Zune 30 accessory port would fit the Gigabeat S line.

My question is this: Does anyone know if a Gigabeat S will fit a Zune dock and charge?

Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Zune Moderator

I would not try this, it look like it will fit. Heck it may even fit but it's to risky. The contacts have to line up perfectly or you could fry your player.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:36 PM

Cruleworld - do you know of any speaker docks that would use a USB connection for synching with the MP3 player and charging it?

It's either that or my Gigabeat becomes a black paperweight because I'm sick and tired of having to charge it/keep it connected to AC power on a daily basis. It's the most non-portable MP3 player I've ever encountered. (Sorry - had to vent.)

Old 06-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Zune Moderator

If you want something like a dock why not get a small stereo with a aux in jack. and then have your player plugged into a ac charger? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnoc View Post
Cruleworld - do you know of any speaker docks that would use a USB connection for synching with the MP3 player and charging it?

It's either that or my Gigabeat becomes a black paperweight because I'm sick and tired of having to charge it/keep it connected to AC power on a daily basis. It's the most non-portable MP3 player I've ever encountered. (Sorry - had to vent.)
When I'm at work I use a set of powered PC speakers and plug my S60 into it, then when I come home, I plug it in to charge. It typically lasts the entire 8 hour shift without problems. Is that not an option for you?