android
Old 06-16-2009, 11:31 PM

Default Just Ordered P3

Well I just ordered my P3 from Frys, and hopefully I'm gonna be picking it up tomorrow. So I was just wondering if anyone had found some games that are fun on the P3, and if so could post like a link to them. I've been looking out for flash games that would work on the P3 but I haven't really found any...

So links please

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-16-2009, 11:43 PM

i just ordered mine as well.

i have been looking around for flash games and have been saving them with the firefox technique.

i'll post back after i get mine and see how they all work.
hopefully i'll get it by the end of wednesday.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:09 AM

Only the 8GB seems to be in stock at the moment...

Old 06-17-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzz View Post
i just ordered mine as well.

i have been looking around for flash games and have been saving them with the firefox technique.

i'll post back after i get mine and see how they all work.
hopefully i'll get it by the end of wednesday.
Bit off topic, but what's the firefox technique?

On topic: most of the Fry's carry the higher than 8GB models. Or at least the one here did.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:05 PM

Check out the flash games and applications section of this forums for SWF game links... I highly recommend PopPop.

Firefox technique: I assume your referring to SWF file (flash game) downloading? Go to the page where you play the flash game. Right click and click 'view page source'
Search (ctrl + f) "SWF" and you should find a few matches. Find the one that looks like a website address, copy and paste it into your browser address bar, hit enter. You should see a full screen version of the flash game (no other crap around it) - then click file, save webpage as - should save as a SWF file...

Old 06-17-2009, 07:00 PM

I read this in a thread here:
Tools -> Page Info -> Media tab -> Look for the file

Old 06-17-2009, 10:01 PM

I also ordered a Samsung p3 today! I'm upgrading from a samsung p2, which I will be selling in order to justify the cost of the new P3

I should be getting the new player through the mail in about 2 days! I'm so anxious. I also bought some SGP shields for the player, because I sure hate putting cases on media players. I originally had an invisible shield on my P2, and it's still in mint condition, no scratches whatsoever. Too bad they haven't made an invisible shield for the P3 model.

Old 06-17-2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjrock View Post
Firefox technique: I assume your referring to SWF file (flash game) downloading? Go to the page where you play the flash game. Right click and click 'view page source'
Search (ctrl + f) "SWF" and you should find a few matches. Find the one that looks like a website address, copy and paste it into your browser address bar, hit enter. You should see a full screen version of the flash game (no other crap around it) - then click file, save webpage as - should save as a SWF file...
Ah, yes yes. I have used this before.

Old 06-17-2009, 11:33 PM

Ok well good news: My P3 was in stock at Fry's (16 GB Black) and I went to pick it up today. Everything was good until -----

Just as I was typing this up the problem seemed to fix itself... I'll still say what happened in case it didn't really fix. Basically after I downloaded and installed the newest firmware (2.10? I can't remember) and then turned on my P3 it was stuck in the screen that says P3 when you turn it on. Even when I reset the P3 and turned it back on, the same thing happened. In case it happens again, what do I do?

Old 06-18-2009, 01:04 AM

Is there a way to check which particular Frys would have the P3 in stock? Theres one in my City but its sort of out of my way. I'd hate to go thier and find out they don't have it.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy Bad View Post
Is there a way to check which particular Frys would have the P3 in stock? Theres one in my City but its sort of out of my way. I'd hate to go thier and find out they don't have it.
Call em?

Old 06-18-2009, 04:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by munozyoshi View Post
I also ordered a Samsung p3 today! I'm upgrading from a samsung p2, which I will be selling in order to justify the cost of the new P3

I should be getting the new player through the mail in about 2 days! I'm so anxious. I also bought some SGP shields for the player, because I sure hate putting cases on media players. I originally had an invisible shield on my P2, and it's still in mint condition, no scratches whatsoever. Too bad they haven't made an invisible shield for the P3 model.
Your P3 won't need a shield.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:10 AM

The screen is the shield.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:59 AM

Just make sure you don't get grit or sand like particles on the screen and you'll be OK. Trouble is people's pockets are generally rather gritty, although they may not realise that until their toughened glass DAP gets marked up!

Old 06-18-2009, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelbow View Post
Ok well good news: My P3 was in stock at Fry's (16 GB Black) and I went to pick it up today. Everything was good until -----

Just as I was typing this up the problem seemed to fix itself... I'll still say what happened in case it didn't really fix. Basically after I downloaded and installed the newest firmware (2.10? I can't remember) and then turned on my P3 it was stuck in the screen that says P3 when you turn it on. Even when I reset the P3 and turned it back on, the same thing happened. In case it happens again, what do I do?
Try reinstalling the firmware, i.e. connect up the USB cable, copy in the firmware file (214.bin or whatever) to the P3's root folder and the disconnect. It should reinstall the firmware and you should be fine.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernado View Post
Just make sure you don't get grit or sand like particles on the screen and you'll be OK. Trouble is people's pockets are generally rather gritty, although they may not realise that until their toughened glass DAP gets marked up!
With the P3, I really don't think you'd need to worry about sand particles. [science mode]The quartz in sand is about the same hardness as the quartz and silicone used in the screen. Or at least I'd think so. [/science mode]