android
Old 10-19-2009, 09:34 PM

Default E150 flac - how to sort by track number ?

I picked up an E150 and having trouble with flac using MSC transfer mode. Albums transfered play in *alphabetical* order even though my filename format includes a tracknumber.

I cannot use iriverplus as i use non-ms OS. Can anyone help me out here ?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-12-2010, 04:33 AM

me too, what the heck are the file management conventions on this device? I have the folders numbered so they 'sort' on the PC, but when you transfer them to the device they scatter like shrapnel. And the iRiver software is one of the most user-hostile efforts I've seen in years, and believe me, I've seen a lot

Old 09-12-2010, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowking View Post
Albums transfered play in *alphabetical* order even though my filename format includes a tracknumber.
If the track numbers are somewhere in the middle of the file name, I would suggest you try putting them up front, i.e. "01 - blah.flac" instead of "artist - album - 01 - blah.flac". I have no iriver, but this works with Samsung players, Sansas, etc. Also make sure the FLAC comments/tags are filled out properly for your files, and that they don't contain ID3 tags.