android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa c200

Old 06-25-2009, 08:50 AM

Default c240 v1 Rockboxed - How do get the computer to see it?

OK, So I Rockboxed my new Sansa c240 v1 device after getting it into MSC mode and using the new Rockbox installer. I inserted an 8gb microSD card with a bunch of music on it and can play it fine.

When I plug in the device now, all it does is load up the Sansa firmware so I can see the 4 songs that came on it and it charges. How do I access the internal 1GB memory or the card?

Nothing shows up when I plug it in, no device, no drive.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-25-2009, 10:34 AM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

It sounds like you're trying to use the retail firmware's USB mode, not rockbox. Assuming you're running a recent build of rockbox (something you should mention in your posts!) you just need to turn on the player into Rockbox and then plug in the USB connector.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:24 AM

I have Rockbox Boot Ver. 5.0 and then it goes to Rockbox Ver. 3.3

An odd thing I noticed is that if I have the cable plugged into my windows XP computer, with the sansa off, plugging in the cable to the sansa freezes at the Rockbox Boot Version screen and then defaults to the Sansa play mode. If I plug the cable into the device and then into the usb port, it gets to the rockbox usb mode just fine.

I hope I have the same experience when I get home tonight on my Vista machine.

Now if I can just get the last.fm support to work. The first submittal didn't appear in my playlist, but my clock was wrong on my Sansa. Hopefully that fixes things.

Edit: Setting the clock to the right time and the year to 2009 from 2080 seemed to work for the last.fm support.

Now if I can just get the browse photos to work...

Last edited by timmyjoe42; 06-25-2009 at 01:12 PM.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyjoe42 View Post
An odd thing I noticed is that if I have the cable plugged into my windows XP computer, with the sansa off, plugging in the cable to the sansa freezes at the Rockbox Boot Version screen and then defaults to the Sansa play mode. If I plug the cable into the device and then into the usb port, it gets to the rockbox usb mode just fine.
Thats by design.

Quote:
Now if I can just get the browse photos to work...
Assuming they're JPEG you can just select them in rockbox and they'll open with jpegviewer.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:56 PM

I'm using the Cabgreen theme and there is no option to use jpeg viewer, or photos or anything. I've got photos both on the device and on the sd card. The cover art embedded in the mp3's isn't showing up either.

When I try to browse files, I get "Dir Buffer is Full" so I can't scroll thru everything on the card. There should be 1155 mp3s and 6 photos on the card. (5 photos on the device plus whatever 4 mp3s came installed that I can't get rid of.) I basically want this to work like a shuffle. Do I need to rebuild the database, select database, select artist, select all tracks, and play one track (after I set everything to shuffle) to get it going? I think when I build the database, it reads more files than in the Files directory listing.

I also can't figure out how to set radio presets. I get to my station, click add preset, then it sends me to a window to name it and no way to get out or actually save.

My wife is going to try to have an anurism trying to navigate rockbox as compared to the simple sansa software...

Old 06-25-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
When I try to browse files, I get "Dir Buffer is Full" so I can't scroll thru everything on the card. There should be 1155 mp3s and 6 photos on the card.
http://download.rockbox.org/manual/r...11-1390008.5.4

For what its worth, if you have every MP3 in the same folder, I don't think album art is going to work too well since theres no good way for it to figure out which jpeg goes with which album.

Quote:
(5 photos on the device plus whatever 4 mp3s came installed that I can't get rid of.) I basically want this to work like a shuffle.
If you're just going to shuffle I don't think you need the database.

Quote:
I also can't figure out how to set radio presets. I get to my station, click add preset, then it sends me to a window to name it and no way to get out or actually save.
http://download.rockbox.org/release/...sac200-3.3.pdf

See chapter 5.

Quote:
My wife is going to try to have an anurism trying to navigate rockbox as compared to the simple sansa software...
Perhaps she should read the instructions.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:31 PM

Does the cover art only work if it is only in a seperate album folder?
All my images are embedded into the mp3 file.

I don't understand how to direct it to shuffle all the files as opposed to an artist or album.

I downloaded the .fmr radio presets file for my area, dumped them in the fmpresets folder, and then loaded them. Voila.

(Get her to read the manual. That was pretty funny.)

Old 06-25-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Does the cover art only work if it is only in a seperate album folder?
Well it'll work but you'll have the same album art for every file since you can only have one cover.jpg per folder.

Quote:
All my images are embedded into the mp3 file.
Those will be ignored.

Quote:
I don't understand how to direct it to shuffle all the files as opposed to an artist or album.
I don't use shuffle but i'm sure its explained in the manual.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:48 PM

Wow, this manual is pretty impressive at 182 pages. It answers pretty much every question. Thanks for all your info. I think I'm going to sell of my 16gb View unless Rockbox comes out for that soon.