android
Old 06-25-2009, 01:45 PM

Default Samsung P3's on Sale @ Dell.com

I kid you, shit you, and any other hooligan action you not! Dell right now is having a Sale on Samsung P3's.

Right Now:

16GB (Black & Grey) - $25 off - $174.99 (before Tax)
8GB (Black & Grey) - $10 off - $139.99 (before Tax)

I ordered a 16GBer and the shipping was Free! So for any of you folks thinking of getting one, now is a good time.

One point I must emphasis though, Dell is currently out of stock for both the 8GB and 16GB. I won't get mine till mid July. But! When I spoke with the folks at Dell, even though they were out of stock, they said if you order during the sale, they will still honor the sale price. SO! the way I see it, by saving some money, I consider that wait a small price to pay. It's a better price than both Warehouse123.com and B&H Photo (even with taxes).

So yeah, just thought I'd throw that out there. Have a good one folks!

P.S. For Canadians: If you do decide to buy from the states (you really don't have any other option) you need to have a friend in the states to send it to, Dell.com doesn't ship to Canada. BUT! If you do ship to a friend, just get them to write 'Gift' on the box before they send it to you and you won't have to pay duties

Trust me, this is a deal. CND it cost me about $211.00 all in (with tax and currency conversion) and here in Canada (when the P3 was available) the 16GB was selling for about $273.00 (before GST/PST ect.)
"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some principles in his nature, which interest him in the fortunes of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it..." - Adam Smith

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-25-2009, 10:22 PM

I ordered my P3 16gb from Dell in time to catch the Father's Day Sale ($155.00). I just checked the order status and saw this.....

Order Date: 6/17/2009
Order Status: Shipped

Old 06-26-2009, 04:09 AM
Ultra Senior Member

#1: I want a 32gb P3 to play with
#2: when Dell stocks it I'll order
#3: I'se still getting a Zune HD no matter what!!!
The P3 sounds so good though that I cant pass it up.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:18 AM

LMAO @ DarkSide, GIVE ME GB'S OR GIVE ME DEATH! Good call on the Zune HD btw
"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some principles in his nature, which interest him in the fortunes of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it..." - Adam Smith

Old 06-26-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boingster View Post
I ordered my P3 16gb from Dell in time to catch the Father's Day Sale ($155.00). I just checked the order status and saw this.....

Order Date: 6/17/2009
Order Status: Shipped

DAMN! I feel dumb for missing out on that . Oh well, I guess I get the happy medium. YAYZ TO JOOOO! Soon you shall have your P3! I'm jelous. I'm probably not going to have mine till late July *sad*

Old 06-26-2009, 11:15 AM

Bought the 8gb model through Dell for $114.99 + in-state tax ($124.48 total). Dealnews.com tipped me to a an online coupon for an additional discount. Don't fear the "out of stock" on Dell's web site -- I received mine in just 6 days despite back order.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoPatrol View Post
I kid you, shit you, and any other hooligan action you not! Dell right now is having a Sale on Samsung P3's.

Right Now:

16GB (Black & Grey) - $25 off - $174.99 (before Tax)
8GB (Black & Grey) - $10 off - $139.99 (before Tax)
Why would Dell charge tax when someone lives in a different state?

Old 06-26-2009, 02:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1a8 View Post
Why would Dell charge tax when someone lives in a different state?
That's how they roll, same as when you order on SonyStyle's site. You might get a good deal, then they try to kill it w/tax + S&H.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:39 PM

I got charged tax when ordering from FRYS because they have a store in my state, I think...

Old 06-26-2009, 03:09 PM

It's one of those terrible things. The government will always find a way to get their greedy little mits on some of the cash you fork over. There aren't many ways around it, aside from getting your P3 from a sorce that sold it to you for $60 said that it fell off the back of a truck.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
That's how they roll, same as when you order on SonyStyle's site. You might get a good deal, then they try to kill it w/tax + S&H.
Isn't it illegal to charge tax when the law doesn't require it? Isn't tax only paid to the government?

Old 06-26-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
It's one of those terrible things. The government will always find a way to get their greedy little mits on some of the cash you fork over. There aren't many ways around it, aside from getting your P3 from a sorce that sold it to you for $60 said that it fell off the back of a truck.
I don't think it is the government. It is the company that is pocketing the tax money. Very illegal indeed.

Old 06-27-2009, 01:22 AM

Quote:
DAMN! I feel dumb for missing out on that . Oh well, I guess I get the happy medium. YAYZ TO JOOOO! Soon you shall have your P3! I'm jelous. I'm probably not going to have mine till late July *sad*

It was pure luck that I got such a good price - right place at the right time. Got my P3 today. Wooo Hoooo! Fortunately, I have the Westone UM-2 IEM's. Sure makes it sound sweet! I took one look at the earphones that come with it and never took the wrapper off.

I use Rhapsody to go and backed up the 1400 songs on my old player. It is malfunctioning. Bad display and wheel (Sansa 280). I am able to copy the music and directories from my hard drive and they work just fine on the P3. That sure beats having to download them all over again.

Did I say how sweet it sounds? . Today I am happy camper. When the wife hears it, she will want one too. And that will mean new earphones to go with it (I lost her UM-2's so she will probably make me replace them to). I don't think I'm going to let her listen to them.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:28 AM

Probably because I live in TX. I don't believe Dell charge ST for out-of-state purchases.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgibson View Post
Probably because I live in TX. I don't believe Dell charge ST for out-of-state purchases.
I live in NYC, I'm out of state, they'll still charge.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:54 PM

Yeah I had mine sent to a friend in Denver, CO. They charged me tax for that, I dunno how the tax system works down there, who knows where that money goes.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
I live in NYC, I'm out of state, they'll still charge.
Weird, because most websites don't charge sales tax for out of state sales.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:56 AM

Maybe it goes to Narnia?! Just like all the socks you loose in the dryer or the change and remotes that disappear down the sides of couches

Old 07-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Maybe it goes to Narnia?! Just like all the socks you loose in the dryer or the change and remotes that disappear down the sides of couches

Old 07-03-2009, 04:16 PM

I got my 16gb. from Dell for $150 before tax a couple weeks ago. I previous ordered one at another website for $200 plus shipping and figured I would buy the cheaper one and sell the other one on ebay.