android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P3

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-28-2009, 12:01 AM
joplin joplin is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 13
Unhappy Samsung Yp-P3(32GB) NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA

Hi,

Hate to be the bearer of BAD NEWS., but the Samsung Yp-P3(32gb)not been released in Canada. I live in Victoria BC and went to Audio Video Unlimited and ask the staff to get in touch with the Samsung Canadian Rep in regards to their 32GB model. On Friday I went to the store and was informed that the rep from Samsung Canada quoted" That were getting out of the MP3 busimess because of lack of demand")end of quote. So if you want the Samsung P3(32GB) you will have to go to the States.
I'm not happy about this as I was planning on buying one instead of the Sony X-1060. But with the exchange/shipping/possibility of duty I don't think I will get the P3 in the USA and will go with the Sony X-1060.Cost wise it would not make any sense.

Greg Joplin
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #2  
Old 06-28-2009, 12:43 AM
P3-Tracker's Avatar
P3-Tracker P3-Tracker is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: P3-Land
Posts: 19
Default

Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 06-28-2009, 11:22 AM
Leroy Bad's Avatar
Leroy Bad Leroy Bad is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 468
Default

So far, you can't get the 32GB P3 without importing it from Korea. And there has never been any promise it will make it to the states.
__________________
Current Gear: Cowon J3; iPod Touch 4G; Sony XBA-3; HiFiMan RE-272; Sennheiser HD558; Bose AE2
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 06-28-2009, 12:01 PM
The DarkSide's Avatar
The DarkSide The DarkSide is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Qns Vlg, NYC
Posts: 16,054
Default

Screw it!!! I was waiting for the 32gb P3, and I sold my Touch. I've just reordered another S9 (refurb from Cowon via Amazon.com) and I'm done w/it. I love the Samsung SQ (Q2 baby!!!), but the S9 is my personal fav. Returned the first for health reasons (needed the money as a precautionary thing), now I want it back. It took selling my Touch, and I'm happy.

Like I said, I wanted a P3, but my baby will be home soon (***JUMP FOR JOY!!!***).
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 06-28-2009, 02:31 PM
maderin1's Avatar
maderin1 maderin1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 187
Default

so this is samsung getting out of the MP3 business altogether or just in Canada??
maybe if they did a little advertising .. it may just help!!!!

well looks like i have jumped abroad a sinking ship then
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 06-28-2009, 02:52 PM
The DarkSide's Avatar
The DarkSide The DarkSide is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Qns Vlg, NYC
Posts: 16,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maderin1 View Post
so this is samsung getting out of the MP3 business altogether or just in Canada??
maybe if they did a little advertising .. it may just help!!!!

well looks like i have jumped abroad a sinking ship then
There's always the S9,.......................
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 06-28-2009, 03:12 PM
maderin1's Avatar
maderin1 maderin1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 187
Default

lol .. yeah i have been there, bought the T shirt and it didnt fit ... but the price, as i have whinged before, is just toooooooooooooooooooo much in the UK so i wont be jumping my samsung ship just yet, i will go down with the ship
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 06-28-2009, 03:14 PM
MojoPatrol's Avatar
MojoPatrol MojoPatrol is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 332
Default

...what else is new *sigh* oh samsung why must you torment me so! :P
__________________
"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some principles in his nature, which interest him in the fortunes of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it..." - Adam Smith
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 06-28-2009, 06:11 PM
triarii117's Avatar
triarii117 triarii117 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maderin1 View Post
so this is samsung getting out of the MP3 business altogether or just in Canada??
maybe if they did a little advertising .. it may just help!!!!

well looks like i have jumped abroad a sinking ship then
Probably out of it in the non-Asian markets. Apple has too strong of a hold.
__________________
PMPs: Cowon J3, Samsung P3(touchscreen problems), Creative Zen (4GB, black)
Headphones: Panasonic RP-HTX7, Philips, JVC Marshmallow IEMS (why not)
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 06-28-2009, 06:25 PM
maderin1's Avatar
maderin1 maderin1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 187
Default

well again, no one is even trying, only ever see ads on tv for ipod .. nothing else regarding MP3 players etc, well unless you include mobiles, just seems to me they are letting ipod run wild, if the advertised it it would sell, i am quite sure, at least if several mp companies started advertising then the word ould get out that there are other options nd ipod are not the only MP3 players in the worls

went shopping yestersay, popped into 3 of our biggest hifg street stores for electronics and there they were, ipod, in special display areas, dominating the whole media player section and nothing else aroun .. just ipods .. amazing
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 06-28-2009, 07:12 PM
The DarkSide's Avatar
The DarkSide The DarkSide is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Qns Vlg, NYC
Posts: 16,054
Default

I don't see why they should quit the music player business, as all their players are snatched up almost the minute they hit the shelves!!!! Even the Q2, w/the annoying touchpad (I have 1 myself) sounds fantastic, and it's a bargain for the price. I hope the rumors are false, as I see them doing fantastic selling dap's!!!
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 06-29-2009, 09:03 AM
triarii117's Avatar
triarii117 triarii117 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maderin1 View Post
well again, no one is even trying, only ever see ads on tv for ipod .. nothing else regarding MP3 players etc, well unless you include mobiles, just seems to me they are letting ipod run wild, if the advertised it it would sell, i am quite sure, at least if several mp companies started advertising then the word ould get out that there are other options nd ipod are not the only MP3 players in the worls

went shopping yestersay, popped into 3 of our biggest hifg street stores for electronics and there they were, ipod, in special display areas, dominating the whole media player section and nothing else aroun .. just ipods .. amazing

Well perhaps the iPod will collapse under its own weight.

Apple has nearly monopolized this market, and that's why to most people, the only Mp3 player that has ever existed is the iPod. Apple uses an in your face, "if you don't have our (crappy) product, you're not cool," so people go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
I don't see why they should quit the music player business, as all their players are snatched up almost the minute they hit the shelves!!!! Even the Q2, w/the annoying touchpad (I have 1 myself) sounds fantastic, and it's a bargain for the price. I hope the rumors are false, as I see them doing fantastic selling dap's!!!
True, but most people don't see a good deal when put in front of them. You would need to force them to. And even then, telling of the amazing sound quality and all might not convince them, after all, the majority of people are not audiophiles. They just want something that works and is easy to use, and while a good deal of the Mp3 players out there have that, most people don't know they exist.
Ask someone what Samsung makes, they will more than likely answer with TV's, or phones. Ask about Creative, and if they know what you're talking about, they'll answer with sound cards, and speakers. Ask about SanDisk, and they'll answer with memory, USB drives and possibly Mp3 players (the Sansa has caught on).
What I'm trying to prove here is that most people think that most of these brands only manufacture one thing, or are at least better known for one thing. And of course, advertising their other products more would be very helpful.
__________________
PMPs: Cowon J3, Samsung P3(touchscreen problems), Creative Zen (4GB, black)
Headphones: Panasonic RP-HTX7, Philips, JVC Marshmallow IEMS (why not)

Last edited by triarii117; 06-29-2009 at 09:08 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 06-29-2009, 12:12 PM
giggabotch's Avatar
giggabotch giggabotch is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15
Default Result of the credit crunch?

Just like every other company in this country, I'm guessing it would be safe to say that no one is making money thanks to the credit crisis. So it's a case of Samsung, you have to make cuts to people and/or products in an effort to stem the losses.

Last edited by giggabotch; 06-29-2009 at 03:49 PM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 06-29-2009, 06:52 PM
joplin joplin is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 13
Unhappy Samsung YP-P3(32GB) Not AVAILABLE AT ALL IN CANADA

As I stated before Samsung is getting out of the MP3 business in CANADA ONLY.

Greg Joplin
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 06-30-2009, 10:24 AM
MojoPatrol's Avatar
MojoPatrol MojoPatrol is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 332
Default

I thought I was reading on another thread here that some dude over in Germany bought a 32gber P3 at media market. If that's the case, Asia and Europe get the P3 and not the states? That'd be a strange day indeed. I can't see Samsung not getting out of the MP3 market altogether, they still kick ass in Asia, but I can see it in Canada. May I use the image below when generally considering the Canadian Market.

__________________
"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some principles in his nature, which interest him in the fortunes of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it..." - Adam Smith
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old 06-30-2009, 10:30 AM
MojoPatrol's Avatar
MojoPatrol MojoPatrol is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by triarii117 View Post
Well perhaps the iPod will collapse under its own weight.

Apple has nearly monopolized this market, and that's why to most people, the only Mp3 player that has ever existed is the iPod. Apple uses an in your face, "if you don't have our (crappy) product, you're not cool," so people go for it.
Agreed. After reading a few business sections and some trend reports (yeah I'm a business geek) apparently the launch of the new faster Iphone wasn't nearly as promising as Apple had hoped, of course not good is coming from a CEO who once said "I want to put a dent in the Universe", but still. I think like Triarii has said, the market is almost at saturation and people are getting a bit tired of having to update their Ipod every six months for the price tag of $299.99 each time. That kind of disposable income isn't available anymore and agreed, the product is crappy and man, I don't care how much you love Mac's, but seriously, I hate Itunes, the number of times I have to trouble shoot that interface (since my sister and mother both have Ipods) JEEEEZ! It's enough to drive a guy to drink...(not that I need another excuse).
__________________
"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some principles in his nature, which interest him in the fortunes of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it..." - Adam Smith
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old 06-30-2009, 12:13 PM
The DarkSide's Avatar
The DarkSide The DarkSide is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Qns Vlg, NYC
Posts: 16,054
Default

Well, the fact that Steve Jobs lied about his health to investors is about to cause quite some repercussions in the US and abroad. The SEC is planning (did it start?) an investigation, and people in general are pissed!!!! Let's see where this leads Apple, might be an interesting ride.
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old 06-30-2009, 12:51 PM
MojoPatrol's Avatar
MojoPatrol MojoPatrol is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Well, the fact that Steve Jobs lied about his health to investors is about to cause quite some repercussions in the US and abroad. The SEC is planning (did it start?) an investigation, and people in general are pissed!!!! Let's see where this leads Apple, might be an interesting ride.
No doubt, check this article out, it was posted on bloomberg yesterday.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=a6HudYhUq99I
__________________
"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some principles in his nature, which interest him in the fortunes of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it..." - Adam Smith
Reply With Quote

  #19  
Old 10-27-2009, 02:44 PM
Aspect Aspect is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 22
Default

Guess I'll wait till my next trip to the states...
Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old 10-27-2009, 11:26 PM
TomCat39's Avatar
TomCat39 TomCat39 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoPatrol View Post
I thought I was reading on another thread here that some dude over in Germany bought a 32gber P3 at media market. If that's the case, Asia and Europe get the P3 and not the states? That'd be a strange day indeed. I can't see Samsung not getting out of the MP3 market altogether, they still kick ass in Asia, but I can see it in Canada. May I use the image below when generally considering the Canadian Market.

Yeah, this is pretty true, but once again, we never ever saw even 1 lousy ad for Samsung MP3 players in Canada. Not a single one, and they wonder why they don't have sales? Even though the few that were brought in didn't even last 3 months on shelves they were snatched up so fast. Even major online retailers aren't getting stock from Samsung. Sammy is catering to Korea and telling everyone else to F.Off. Real good way to get loyal customers who will recommend them to others..... Brilliant marketing scheme. Just brilliant.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 AM.