android
Old 07-01-2009, 02:01 AM

Smile Ipod Touch or Samsung P3

As my old player broke and just the plain crappenies of it i have been meaning to get a new pmp but have not been able to decide between the ipod touch and the p3 . And the only thing left for me to dicide on is the built in speaker, i want it to be very loud and very clear.

So could reader please inform me on which has the loudest and clearest built in speaker.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-01-2009, 03:20 AM

P3 speaker is tiny but very good indeed, its a mono speaker but has qute a volume to it, not as load as some mobiles but enough, its not for a room full of people though

2 very different beasts really these 2 players, i would say the only reason for the ipod would be the APPS, if they are what you need then the ipod is for you, if not and audio quality, build, video etc is for you then the P3 all the way, plus the P3 (in the UK) is way way cheaper, you can get a 32GB P3 for less than an 8GB touch!!! (when they are available)

Old 07-01-2009, 04:48 AM

Well as you said and i just read how much touches really cost i think i'm going to go with the p3.

When they come out in Australia of course.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:48 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I've got both, and neither speaker is much to brag about. Most useful on the Touch for game sounds. The P3's speaker is great if you use the P3 as an alarm clock. Both devices sound crappy playing music over their speakers.

There is $100 difference between the two, and access to WiFi is critical if you want full usefulness of the Touch.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:09 AM

are u goin to watch a lot of videos .. then P3 will be the option , native support for a lot of formats and really high res

anyways australia hahaha i live there its taken a litte too too long for it to arrive here isnt it