android
Old 07-03-2009, 05:15 PM

Default Playing music while charging???

I have one of those cigarette adapter to usb chargers and was wondering if there was anyway to play music off my p3 while its charging at the same time?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-03-2009, 05:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Try it. Many players will play while charging but not hooked up to a PC.

Old 07-03-2009, 05:27 PM

Okay that didn't work...just says charging. On another note. I have a samsung cellphone charger that fits but afraid to plug it into the wall being the charger produces a greater amount of volts than usb

Old 07-03-2009, 05:31 PM

ya u can listen to ur p3 while its charging, just turn it on
wont work if its charging from pc tho

Old 07-03-2009, 10:45 PM

And you can get an AC -> USB adapter for cheap and also you can get a carlighter -> usb adapter. Then you can use the cable that comes with the p3 to charge while listening.

I do it all the time at work with my AC -> USB adapter that I got for 15 bucks at best buy.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:59 AM

You can charge your p3 and player music / use it at the same time via your PC.
Just put your computer in sleep mode before plugging in your USB cable.
Doesn't work on my g/fs Mac cause plugging in the USB 'wakes up' the computer, but works fine on my Windows 7 machine...!

Old 07-04-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpete98 View Post
I have one of those cigarette adapter to usb chargers and was wondering if there was anyway to play music off my p3 while its charging at the same time?
all you have to do is turn the power on after you've plugged it in and it should turn on like normal but be charging at the same time and you can do whatever i used mine with an AC adapter and it charged twice as fast while i was using it

Old 07-06-2009, 01:23 AM

If you plan on charging it on your computer, it's VERY simple. When it's charging, all you have to do is:
1. Bring up "My Computer"
2. Open up the P3 and all it's files from the computer
3. Search until you find the "Music" folder in the P3
4. Double-click it, and you're in the music folder
5. Lastly, all you have to do is click on a song, and it'll play, no worries. Simple as that.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:06 AM

Lol @ Raven's reply..

Old 07-06-2009, 04:46 AM

u can also just safley remove it whilst it is plugged into the computer and then it wont be in transfer mode but in recharge and u can then turn it on and play need to put it on sleep first

Old 07-06-2009, 02:26 PM

What, what was wrong with it Ananth? He asked if he could play music while charging his P3, so I told him how to do it. Besides, if you want to listen to music, why not off of the computer?

Old 07-06-2009, 03:19 PM

Because some sound cards suck, hence one of the reasons why I just got myself a P3 even after trying a top of the line X-Fi sound card.

Try not plugging the USB connection all the way in, this will only connect power and not data. If it wasn't such a rare Samsung-only cable you could also open it up and cut the data cables out (but you would have to have another one for data transfer).

Old 07-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Banned

I agree- I never listen to music from my PC, unless it's a quick listen to see what's what. Why would anyone want to, when they could be listening to their P3.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:05 AM

sorry about that Raven, absolutely no offence meant but I thought the fact that he had to listen to his music off his PC when he obviously wants to listen to it off his P3 was funny..

Old 07-07-2009, 02:48 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Read the first post, as the OP want's to play music off of the P3 while it's charging, NOT off of the P3 through their computer.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:15 AM

Actually if you run a decent sound card to a stereo tuner with quality speakers.... You will definitely enjoy music through your PC.

Most regular PC speakers suck. You need a quality tuner/stereo setup with quality speakers.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:30 AM

Sweeeet, just to confirm if you don't put the USB all the way into a PC socket you can still turn it on and do everything WHILE CHARGING!

Stop the loudness war - Turn Me Up!

Old 07-07-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technex View Post
Sweeeet, just to confirm if you don't put the USB all the way into a PC socket you can still turn it on and do everything WHILE CHARGING!

That may not be a wise idea, partial connections could result in arcing which in turn results in voltage spikes which is very hard on the hardware.

It's much better to do as someone else suggested and that is plug it in completely and then use the "safely remove hardware" icon in your task tray to "disconnect" the p3 but don't unhook the cable from the p3. At this point windows turns off the USB data lines but the USB still supplies power for the charging aspect thus giving you a fully usable P3 while charging on an active Windoze based PC.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCat39 View Post
That may not be a wise idea, partial connections could result in arcing which in turn results in voltage spikes which is very hard on the hardware.

It's much better to do as someone else suggested and that is plug it in completely and then use the "safely remove hardware" icon in your task tray to "disconnect" the p3 but don't unhook the cable from the p3. At this point windows turns off the USB data lines but the USB still supplies power for the charging aspect thus giving you a fully usable P3 while charging on an active Windoze based PC.
AFAIK the data cables do not actually contain much power at all, not enough to arc. These are not high voltage systems.

The two power connectors come into contact first, you still can push it in a lot before the data connections contact.

If safely remove hardware works I'll use that, thank you. I didn't see that post, excellent idea.

Stop the loudness war - Turn Me Up!

Old 07-07-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technex View Post
AFAIK the data cables do not actually contain much power at all, not enough to arc. These are not high voltage systems.

The two power connectors come into contact first, you still can push it in a lot before the data connections contact.

If safely remove hardware works I'll use that, thank you. I didn't see that post, excellent idea.
Yeah, I couldn't say how it will act if the contacts are micron's apart yet still not making contact. Thus my "may not be a agood idea". I suppose it should be fine just I think of good old murphy and would hate to see someone have Murphy strike them with that fluke time of a partially pushed in cable and something goes wrong.

YYMV