android
Old 07-07-2009, 05:28 PM

Well it didn't work for me, safely removed and it's still charging but the USB connected stays on, on the player so can't do anything else, same as before just minus data transfer.

Stop the loudness war - Turn Me Up!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-07-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technex View Post
Well it didn't work for me, safely removed and it's still charging but the USB connected stays on, on the player so can't do anything else, same as before just minus data transfer.
Ahhh yes, reread the other user's post and missed the part that actually causes it to work. My bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astarman View Post
u can also just safley remove it whilst it is plugged into the computer and then it wont be in transfer mode but in recharge and u can then turn it on and play need to put it on sleep first
As other users have said, can charge and use P3 when PC is in sleep mode. So doubt you have to use the "safely remove hardware" part of WinXP. Just have your PC sleep by the looks. The broken english made it easy to confuse.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:48 PM

Ahh, I must have to play around with my PC sleep settings then, I couldn't seem to get it to work earlier (just turned off everything during sleep) but I'll have another try.

Thanks!

Stop the loudness war - Turn Me Up!

Old 07-07-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technex View Post
Ahh, I must have to play around with my PC sleep settings then, I couldn't seem to get it to work earlier (just turned off everything during sleep) but I'll have another try.

Thanks!
Oh, there is a difference between sleep and hibernate.

Sleep doesn't power down the memory/PC. It just idles it all but keeps everything in memory, thus the USB is still powered.

Hibernate writes the system parameters to the hard drive and essentially shuts down. Then restores the system to it's last active stasis when brought back. In this case, the PC is pretty much off and so no power to the USB.

Also this is only for PC's. Other users have reported that this doesn't work with some laptops.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpete98 View Post
Okay that didn't work...just says charging. On another note. I have a samsung cellphone charger that fits but afraid to plug it into the wall being the charger produces a greater amount of volts than usb

Dont try to charge it with anything with a greater amounts of volts tried that once and fried my old mp3