android
Old 07-06-2009, 07:26 AM

Default My Fuze Looks Sufficiently Dead

So... I've seen a lot of threads about the same problem online on at least four different forums but, everyone who has had this problem has resolved it by a reset. Yesterday my Fuze did not even flash or have a sign of life when I tried to turn it on. I tried resetting and nothing worked. Now, it is about two years old and pretty beaten up but it worked fine the other day when I used it. Any suggestions? I have it plugged into the wall using an adapter to see it some charge will come to it for now.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-06-2009, 02:37 PM

Also, I found that there are ways of unbricking sansas but I'm not sure how to do this (if it is even possible for a fuze). I have Windows on my comp but I have access to Ubuntu and am quite fluent in Linux.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:41 PM

If there's no signs of life at all I'm not sure there's much you can do besides opening it if you know what you're doing with electronics.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty M View Post
Now, it is about two years old
Impossible....maybe a little over one year. They haven't been on the market for 2 years. At this point, waiting to see if the wall charger brings it to life is the best you can do....most of the recovery schemes you probably saw refer to the old e-series players. Hopefully I'm wrong, and somebody does have a solution for you though.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:45 PM

Thanks for the info on the age (I wasn't sure how long I had had it actually, it felt like 2 years though). As for taking it apart I have it completely disassembled on my computer desk, but I'm not sure what to do now. Nothing looks burnt or fried and I'm pretty sure the battery is still fine. It seems as thought the battery can't be removed though so I can't be sure, but for now I'm gonna check every other possibility.

By the way, are there any common problem areas in the circuitry that I should check out while I have it apart?