android
Old 07-06-2009, 08:12 AM

Default Looking for an A826 case with belt clip

Hi, I have recently bought a Sony Walkman A826 player and I am looking for a case that comes with a belt clip, because I don't like to put the player in my pocket as I have to get it out again as soon as I try to change the volume or skip a song.
I have checked out the silicone cases from i-nique, but they have a carabiner. I am not so positive about the durability of these because the carabiner is attached to the silicone case through a tiny ring or something, it just looks like I could easily break it by just staring at it. (Feel free to prove me wrong, though)
I am also not a fan of "crystal" cases because they can easily scratch the screen when sand or any kind of dirt gets between the screen and the case, and another screen protector just kills visibility.
It should generally not be a case which has to be opened in order to reach the buttons. I have seen several leather cases that cover the entire player and have to be opened to press buttons.

In short:
- it has to have a proper, durable belt clip
- should not need to be opened in order to reach the buttons (like many leather cases)(I want to be able to control the player blindly)
- has to be available to Germany (if it can be ordered from the U.S., it should not cost more than 26 because of customs.)

Can anyone suggest a case for me?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-09-2009, 09:39 AM

All I see at Sony is this model. Great price.
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665369154

Have you tried E-bay for 3rd party models?

Sony NWZ-A728B, Sony NWZ-A816, iPod Shuffle 1GB

Old 07-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Banned

Amazon sell these, made by TuffLuv, probably other stores, too. They have the belt-clip, I got one for my S Series:

Old 07-11-2009, 03:08 PM

@ Wings: Yeah, I've seen that one, but it looks like this is just a clip, not a case, but maybe it can still fit with a silicone case on, dunno. However it is not listed on the German Sonystyle page. The only cases on eBay that I found are the i-nique / Tuff-Luv cases.

@Dreamnine: That is exactly what I meant with "has to be opened in order to reach the buttons". However, if I can't find anything else, I might try that one, looks pretty durable. Thanks!

Old 07-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Banned

In practice, they're pretty good cases. I got it because the Sony just felt too vulnerable on its own. But you're right - I can only control the volume with it blindly.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:56 PM

I am goining by the Sony store on Monday. I'll see what they have there.

Sony NWZ-A728B, Sony NWZ-A816, iPod Shuffle 1GB