android
Old 07-06-2009, 11:47 AM

Lightbulb Using WMP11 to crteate playlists?

Hi all,
I have been using WMP11 with both of my Sony players and never had issues with album art etc. But I decided I wanted to create some playlists as I now have over 1000 songs on one of my players. I tried it on the A816 (I also have a A728B). I created playlists in WMP but when I drag the playlist over into the playlist folder on my Walkman it says that it will store the file only since the player can not play it. I have not tried it on the 728 yet.

Am I doing it correctly or do I need to use another program to create playlists? I never installed any of the Sony software.

Thanks

Sony NWZ-A728B, Sony NWZ-A816, iPod Shuffle 1GB

Last edited by Wings; 07-06-2009 at 10:34 PM. Reason: typos

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I've used J.River Media Jukebox for adding playlists to Sony dap's, and it worked flawlessly. WMP, I avoid at all costs. I've heard Media Monkey works perfectly as well BTW.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:28 PM

Default It works with the Sony Video Walkman players?

This one? http://www.mediajukebox.com/index.html

It works with the Sony Video Walkman players?

Old 07-06-2009, 11:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
This one? http://www.mediajukebox.com/index.html

It works with the Sony Video Walkman players?
For managing playlists, yes. For video, I'd do drag & drop myself. Neither of these progs will do video to the players.

Tomorrow (7/7/09) I'll have a X1060 to play with, so I'll update this post when I finish loading a few playlists on the player, as well as videos. But all the new Sony dap's work w/J.River & Media Monkey, including the X1000 series.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Hi all,
I have been using WMP11 with both of my Sony players and never had issues with album art etc. But I decided I wanted to create some playlists as I now have over 1000 songs on one of my players. I tried it on the A816 (I also have a A728B). I created playlists in WMP but when I drag the playlist over into the playlist folder on my Walkman it says that it will store the file only since the player can not play it. I have not tried it on the 728 yet.

Am I doing it correctly or do I need to use another program to create playlists? I never installed any of the Sony software.

Thanks
Based on my experience with WMP, you have to set up the playlist(s) to sync to your player. You can do this by clicking on the Sync button, then selecting your player from the pulldown menu, and then select "Set up sync..." from the side menu.

This will bring up device setup screen where you can choose the playlists you want (and do not want) WMP to sync to your player. Then, when you sync your player, the playlists you selected will appear on your player. WMP's help files can provide you with more information.

I hope that helps.
MediaMonkey 4
Headphones: Koss PortaPro

Old 07-07-2009, 10:22 AM

CDMP3PlayerFan thanks that worked. I was trying to drag and drop like my videos. I tried to sync the first time but when I saw the tracks apear in the sync list I thought it was going to sync the songs a second time onto the player. But I see now that it say's song already on player while syncing. After it was done I noticed the playlist on the player. Thanks again!

Old 07-08-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
CDMP3PlayerFan thanks that worked. I was trying to drag and drop like my videos. I tried to sync the first time but when I saw the tracks apear in the sync list I thought it was going to sync the songs a second time onto the player. But I see now that it say's song already on player while syncing. After it was done I noticed the playlist on the player. Thanks again!
You're welcome. Setting up the playlists you want to sync to your player in WMP is not the most intuitive process, and I had to search around a bit to figure it out. I'm glad that I could help.
MediaMonkey 4
Headphones: Koss PortaPro