android
Old 07-08-2009, 09:59 PM

Unhappy FM Radio doesn't work anymore

What would kill the FM Radio function on my Fuze?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwoodchuck47 View Post
What would kill the FM Radio function on my Fuze?
Don't be offended, but I have to ask.....have you tried pushing up on the scroll wheel?

Old 07-09-2009, 11:14 PM

Offended? Nah.

The red icon looks like a speaker to me; I guess it's a mute icon. What's confusing is that rotating the wheel changes the volume, which I would think would unmute.

I clicked it and it turned to a green play button. Presto!

Thanks! I thought I wrecked my player.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwoodchuck47 View Post
Offended? Nah.

The red icon looks like a speaker to me; I guess it's a mute icon. What's confusing is that rotating the wheel changes the volume, which I would think would unmute.

I clicked it and it turned to a green play button. Presto!

Thanks! I thought I wrecked my player.
Glad I could help.....enjoy your Fuze!

Old 01-30-2010, 05:15 PM

Mine stopped working after I connected the mp3 to a travel speaker. Then I read that the antenna is in the headphones so I switched back to my original Sansa headphones, but I still can't get the radio to work anymore. I made sure the mute button was off and the volume was up. Any ideas on how to solve this?

Old 01-30-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramoru View Post
Mine stopped working after I connected the mp3 to a travel speaker. Then I read that the antenna is in the headphones so I switched back to my original Sansa headphones, but I still can't get the radio to work anymore. I made sure the mute button was off and the volume was up. Any ideas on how to solve this?
reinstall the firmware. That should fix the problem.

Old 01-30-2010, 07:22 PM

This may be a dumb question, but how do I uninstall the firmware and then reinstall it? I can't install it manually because Windows won't let me. I installed it using the Sansa updater.

Old 01-30-2010, 07:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramoru View Post
This may be a dumb question, but how do I uninstall the firmware and then reinstall it? I can't install it manually because Windows won't let me. I installed it using the Sansa updater.
Here's the basic instructions for installing the firmware. Essentially all you do is is to be sure you're connected in MSC mode and drop the correct firmware into the root of the drive. I'm not quite understanding what you mean when you say Windows won't let you install the firmware. How have you tried previously?

BTW you really should get rid of the Sansa Updater. It's buggy and you really don't need a process continuously running in the background for an update that might occur once every several months.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:45 PM

I've read those instructions, and I get stuck on this part:

Quote:
• Once extracted, drag the file to the root directory of your Sansa Fuze

Where is the root directory?

When I say Windows won't let me open, it's because instead of dragging the file to the root directory (which I'm not sure how to do), I just right-clicked the file "fuzpa.bin" to open it, and received an error message stating that I don't have the necessary program to open a .bin file.

I hope that makes sense.

Old 01-30-2010, 09:58 PM

Okay, I was able to drag the bin file to the internal memory, which caused the player to update the firmware again, but still no change with the radio. I guess the problem is with the headphones then, but they work fine just playing the music I transferred, so I'm not sure that they are the actual problem.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:36 PM

Default FM Radio/Fuze

Hi Everybody---

The Sansa Fuze actually has a defect inherent in its FM tuner. I know because I had the Best Buy protection plan and swapped out THREE Sansas and EACH one had the very same defect: The FM would just stop working at some point and require you to reboot over and over. Eventually, after 2 years, the FM stopped working even after 10 attempts to reboot the system.

I am surprised that this defect was never formally remedied by the company because it has nothing to do with anything but the device malfunctioning.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Don't be offended, but I have to ask.....have you tried pushing up on the scroll wheel?

I must say, you are amazing. I have lived with what I considered a broken FM transmitter in my sansa for months now. It was really starting to bother me (hence the googling for solutions). Who knew all I had to do was press up on the scroll wheel! Thanks!!!

Old 04-13-2011, 09:51 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullydog View Post
I must say, you are amazing. I have lived with what I considered a broken FM transmitter in my sansa for months now. It was really starting to bother me (hence the googling for solutions). Who knew all I had to do was press up on the scroll wheel! Thanks!!!
It happened to me, back when I first had the Fuze.....I was baffled for a day or two before I found the answer, then I felt kinda silly...lol. Glad you found the answer!

Tags
fm radio, fuze, radio